Sacrifice

??? Pov

I woke up to the sound of knocking. I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes and walked up to the door. Someone had slipped a note under the door.

"Guess what we found a way out! Meet me in the pool area as soon as possible. We can't have too many people at the moment so come alone.
Chihiro."

Chihiro found a way out, that's wonderful news! But I have to go alone? Well I suppose I shouldn't question the programmer. I'm sure he knows what he's doing.

"hey buddy is someone at the door" my roommate rantaro asked.

"I-umm-well."

"what's that you got there?" before I could form a proper sentence rantaro snatched the letter out of my hand. He read though it and frowned at me.

"doesn't this seem like a trap?"

"I know it seems a little shady but I trust chihiro and if there's really a way out then we can't just ignore it" I reasoned. He sighed.

"fine, but your taking me with you" rantaro said in a serious tone. Well the note did say come alone but I'm sure chihiro wouldn't mind rantaro coming along.

"ok let's go!" rantaro ruffled my hair and the two of us walked out the door.

I liked rantaro. He was a strange boy who couldn't remember his own talent but he was also likeable and even treated me like a little brother sometimes. I felt bad that I've been spending most of my time with mondo but I don't really know how to spilt my time with everyone equally. After all I've never had more than one friend before. I know! Tomorrow I'll asked if everyone could hang out in a friend group then I can spend time with everyone. Yes that would wo-

I was cut out of my thoughts by hifumi running at me with a iron pipe. I had bearly any time to react before rantaro pushed me out of the way and got his head split open with the pipe. I stared at my former friend who lay dead at my feet. Why did this have to happen? Why?

Suichis pov

Me and makoto were heading to the dining hall when we heard a scream coming from the pool area. We ran as fast as we could and flung open the doors only to find celese standing over hifumis body.

"thank goodness your here" celese said shakingly "it's hifumi I think he's dead."

Almost as if to comfirm it the body discovery announcement started playing. Why? We have alter Ego now I thought there would be no reason to kill!

The others came running in and hina immediately did CPR on hifumis body. It was no use though as the body discoverey already stated hifumis de- suddenly his eyes shot open as he gasped for breath. What the hell!

"hifumi are you ok" hina asked

"everything dark... Feels so cold" hifumi muttered. Damn it! We don't have the proper equipment to keep him alive after resuscitation. He going to die and there's nothing we can do!

"who did this hifumi? Who killed you?" hina asked tearfully.

"who killed me?" the boy muttered "it was yasu.. Hi.. Ro." with that he died and the body discoverey announcement played again? Huh?

TRUTH BULLET AUIRED
TWO BODY DISCOVERY ANNOUNCEMENTS

TRUTH BULLET AUIRED
HIFUMIS DIEING WORDS

"Well it seems we found hifumis killer" celese said calmly "and look who's not with us"

Almost as if on cue hiro burst out of the pool locker looking dazed and confused.

"hiro why did you kill hifumi?" hina said angrily

"what? I didn't kill anyone!" hiro said panicking.

"oh yes you did and you hid in the locker to avoid us!"

"no you don't understand I was stuffed in there!"

"yeah right!"

"I can prove it see!" he pulled out a letter that told him to go to the pool around 3.

"you probably forged it" celese argued

"hell no do you think I'm smart enough to do that!" Hmm well I suppose it's something to keep in mind

TRUTH BULLET AUIRED
HIROS NOTE

"say where's taka?" angie asked. We looked around and sure enough taka was nowhere to be seen.

"rantaro isn't here either" Leon said scratching his head.

"dammit I'll go get them" mondo said looking worried. A few minutes later he came back with a frightened looking taka clutching his sleeve. But no rantaro. He looked at hifumis body and gasped

"How?" taka muttered "hifumi was supposed to be the blackened so why is he dead?"

"hold on taka" I said making the boy jump slightly "what do you mean hifumi was supposed to be the blackened?"

"Well last night I got this note telling me to go to the pool" he showed me the neatly folded note. It was just like hiros.

TRUTH BULLET AUIRED
TAKAS NOTE

"me and rantaro went to the pool and hifumi came out and split his head open with a rusty pipe" taka started tearing up.

"you must have just had a nightmare sweetheart" celese said being unusually kind "as you can see rantaros body is nowhere to be found"

Kokichi stared into the pool for a minute "hey kaito do you think you could check the pool for any evidence?"

"sure thing kichi" the astronaut said. He then handed me his famous jacket "hold this for me sidekick" he said as he jumped into the pool. He came back out with rantaros body in his arms.

"found him at the bottom of the pool" kaito said gravely "guess taka didn't have a nightmare after all" so rantaro really is dead but why was his body at the bottom of the pool?

TRUTH BULLET AUIRED
HIDDEN BODY

"I think I saw something else down there I'm going to check" kaito said diving back down. He came back up with a rusty pipe. That must have been the murder weapon.

TRUTH BULLET AUIRED
RUSTY PIPE

"hey sumai come check this out" kokichi waved me over.

"what is it" I asked.

"this" he showed me a cloth "I found it in the trash"

"and how do you think this will help us?" I asked.

"just smell it!" he said shoving it in my face. I reluctantly sniffed it. I could tell from the strong chemicals that it was clorifome. Maybe there's some truth to hiros locker story

TRUTH BULLET AUIRED
DRUGGED CLOTH

"OK everyone I'm getting bored" monokumas irritating voice rang through the room "what do you say we get this show on the road!"

I panicked. I didn't feel like I had enough evidence to make a solid case but kyoko placed a hand on my shoulder, smiling calmly at me.

"don't worry shuichi. I'd say we have more than enough evidence to weed out the killer"

Man I wish I had her confidence!