Date Night

Kaitos pov (enjoy this kaimaki fluff🥰)

I paced back and forth in the dinning hall anxiously. This is it. My first date with maki-roll! Makoto and shuichi both insisted on spying on us to make sure things go well. It's a little creepy but I think it's sweet of my sidekicks to look out for me. Kokichi found out what they were doing and insisted on joining in. I just hope he doesn't get too noisy and ruin things.

"oi kaito!" is he getting noisy already! "man up will ya! You can't be looking nervous in front of your girl! You gotta show confidence or she won't have any confidence in this date!" Man I love this new version of kokichi!

"yeah your right kokichi your so right" I threw my arms up in triumph "I'm going to be confident for maki-roll!"

"oh are you now" I turned around to see maki standing behind me. She was wearing the same red sailor uniform but her hair was down and it perfectly framed her face.

"wow your so beautiful" I gasped. She blushed.

"thanks. You don't look so bad yourself." she muttered. I chuckled so cute!

"well take a seat my lady!" I said directing her to our seat "I've prepared a very special dish for our date"

"oh is that what the smoke is?"

"smoke?" I turned to the kitchen and sure enough there was smoke. "holy shit I burnt the food!"

"no you didn't the foods right here!" makoto said as he and shuichi brought out some new, not burnt food. They must have planned ahead of time and cooked food of their own. They're such good sidekicks!

"and I brought the drinks" kokichi said putting down two bottles of you guessed it panta.

"kokichi did you have to bring panta" I complained

"what! But pants the best drink in the world! But if you want to be boring I could get you something el-"

"no the pantas fine thank you" maki cut him off. Kokichi smiled smugly.

"see kai-chan! Your girl knows a good drink when she sees one" I rolled my eyes at him.

"well enjoy your date you two we'll get out of your hair" makoto said dragging shuichi and kokichi back to the kitchen. Maki chuckled.

"so you needed your sidekicks to help make this date perfect" I felt my cheeks flush.

"yeah there amazing!"

"and  kokichi even pinched in. It's surprising how much he's changed."

"yeah I think all he needed was a few good friends to get him to open up"

"yeah" maki returned to her meal. I felt embarrassed that our date had such a rocky start.

"hey maki"

"Hmm?"

"I'm sorry that our date started off so crazy. The truth is that I wanted our first date to be a picnic under the stars but we can't go outside in this new place so I tryed to make do but as you can see I suck at cooking and the others had to pitch in and-"

" kaito!" maki grabbed my hand, smiling softly at me." you don't need to apologise so much I'm actually having fun."

"you are!?" she nodded.

"that's good! But I promise when we get out that I'll take you on a stargazing date."

"I look forward to it." she once again flashed me that smile that makes my heart flutter.

We finished our meal and walked out of the dining hall hand in hand. Before we left maki leaned in the kitchen and said.

"we're leaving now boys your free to go."the boys rushed out, gave us a quick congrats and ran back to their room.

The came to makis room and paused.

"you could come in and cuddle with me if you want" maki said blushing.

"I don't know if taka would like this" I said my face turning red.

"he doesn't have to know" maki kissed my cheek and lead me in. We spent the rest of the night cuddling.