37 - Morning Turmoil

DRACO'S POV

I woke up to Caroline asleep in my arms. Birds chirped softly outside my bedroom window, sunshine pouring in on her soft, golden curls. I tucked her hair behind her ear, as she slowly began to stir. "Good morning angel," I smiled quietly down at her. The light illuminated her chocolate brown eyes as she looked up at me. "Hi," she smiled quietly, wrapping her arms around my chest.

How was I supposed to spend the entire summer without her? We only had three days left of school, and I intended to spend as much time with her as possible as we had no classes. I tried imagining spending three months without her, but it was impossible. My parents didn't let me leave the Manor grounds during the summer; said there was enough to do at home. I doubted my parents would let her come over, I didn't want to get her involved with them anyways. I think Mother would like her, but Father would only accept a Slytherin girl.

"Promise me you'll write to me over the summer," I broke the silence, my hand cupping her cheek. "I promise," she sat up, giving me a kiss. "Can I keep it?" she smirked. "Keep what?" I looked at her confused. She giggled at me, snuggling deeper into the sweatshirt I'd given her. "It's one of my favorites," I whined. "Then why'd you give it to me?" she gave me puppy dog eyes. "How about this, you can have my quidditch sweater over the summer," I compromised. "Deal, but why do you want this one back?" she asked. I blushed, looking down. "Because now that one smells like you," I murmured under my breath.

"How about I take this, spray it with my perfume, then give it to you on the last day of school, and you spray your cologne on your quidditch sweater, then give it to me on the last day of school?" she smiled cheekily at me, hoping for a yes. "Sounds fair to me," I got out of my bed. "Can you make sure the common room is empty before I leave? I don't want to make Pansy, you know, feel bad," she looked at the ground as she stood up.

"Sure," I threw a t shirt on as I opened the door, looking down the stairs to the common room. "Empty," I turned around as she picked up her dress from on top of the bedside table. "Alright, I'll see you later," she walked out, giving me a peck on the cheek as she left in the sweatshirt and a pair of knee high stockings. I watched as she walked out of the common room, shutting the door behind her.

CAROLINE'S POV

I slipped out of the Slytherin common room, tucking my dress under my arm as I walked back to my dormitory. I walked in to see Harry sitting on the couch. "Nice Slytherin hoodie," he smirked, shaking his head. "Oh, um," I stuttered as I sat down next to him. "What'd you two do?" he questioned. "We just, cuddled, then fell asleep," I put honestly. "Yeah right," he looked at me. "I'm being serious," I shoved his arm jokingly. "Alright, alright," he smiled, still only half believing me.

"I'm going to my room," I stood up, walking up the stairs. "Hermione and Ginny are waiting for you, just so you're aware," he turned back to the fireplace.

I walked into the room, Ginny and Hermione staring at me. "What?" I questioned, standing there stupidly in the oversized gray Slytherin hoodie. "What do you mean, what?" Ginny smirked. "Nothing happened," I couldn't hold back my smile as I placed the dress in the laundry basket. "You're wearing his clothes," Hermione cantered. "What was I gonna sleep in, a mini dress?" I scoffed, plopping down on my bed. "She's got a point," Ginny bumped in. "It was quite romantic actually," I said as I shoved my mother's book into my luggage.

"Spill," Ginny smiled. "After the party, we just went back to his room," "and?" Ginny smirked. "Let her finish her bloody sentence," Hermione giggled as she packed up her bags. "He gave me his sweatshirt to wear, we cuddled, then fell asleep," I explained. "Define cuddling," "Don't push it Ginny," Hermione smiled.

DRACO'S POV

I pulled the my quidditch sweater out of my dresser drawer, a small smile on my face. "Who's are those?" Pansy stood in the doorway, pointing at the side of my bed. "What're you talking about?" I walked over to where she was pointing to. Shit.

"Umm," I moved my hand to the back of my neck as I blushed. Caroline's heels were sitting at the bottom of my bed. "Caroline," Pansy's voice grew small as she turned and ran out of the room. "Pansy wait," I yelled, as she slammed her dormitory door in my face. "Pansy open the damn door," I practically shoved my fist on the door. "Can we please just talk?" the door swung open, Pansy with tears in her eyes.

I walked in and shut the door behind me. "Look, we started dating before I knew. Caroline and I are going to do, you know, couple stuff, and I know you don't like it, but how you're acting isn't fair," I grabbed her arm. "It's not fair to me," she whined. "How isn't it fair to you?" I yelled. "I, I-" "See? You're just being ridiculous," I dropped my hands to the side, storming out of her room.

I didn't care if Pansy liked her or not. Why couldn't she just be happy for me? I finally had someone who cared for me, someone who loved me, why the hell couldn't she just mind her damned business?

I walked back into my room, locking the door behind me. My quidditch sweater sat folded on my bed where I'd left it. I picked it up, slowly spraying my cologne on the exterior. I placed it on top of my dresser, shoving my clothes into my luggage, leaving a few outfits for the next two days. I grabbed the heels, deciding to run up to the Gryffindor common room to drop them off.

I knocked on the door, Harry opening it. "Um, give these to her for me would you?" I mumbled, handing Harry the high heels. "Right," he took them out of my hands, shutting the door in my face. "Lovely," I mumbled under my breath, returning to my room.

I had three days left with Caroline; and I had to make them count.