18 - Rain and Bliss

It was finally time for my date with Malfoy. I curled my hair, putting it up in a high pony tail. I wore my necklace, earrings and ring from him, along with the matching ring I'd given him for Christmas. I slicked a layer of clear gloss over my lips, swiping a little bit of blush over my cheeks and nose. My satin dress hugged my curves tightly, going down to my mid-thighs. I slipped on the same heels I had worn to the ball, walking downstairs to meet Draco. I opened the door.

"Sorry I took so long," I apologized. He stood there breathless. "You look beautiful," he exclaimed, taking me by the arm. "You look dashing yourself, Malfoy," he stood in an all black suit. "So, where are we going?" he walked me down the stairs. "You'll see," we walked to a hidden door, taking us to a small garden. In the center sat a table and two chairs, candles lighting up the space. Vines fell from the wooden structure that hung above the table. "It's gorgeous," I gushed, a smile lighting up my face. I gave him a swift hug and a kiss on the cheek. "I love it," I beamed. "I'm happy you do. I'm trying to show you places in the castle you haven't seen before," he exclaimed, guiding me to a seat, pushing my chair in.

"How do you find places like these?" I asked curiously. "You find a lot of things when you spend most of your time alone," he said. "found this little garden during third year, thought it was pretty neat," he poured me a glass of water. "Well, it's beautiful," I said, taking a sip of water. The lanterns in the corners of the left a dewy glow over the garden.

"Where'd you grow up?" he asked me. "Back to the small talk, are we Malfoy," I smiled, raising an eyebrow towards him. "I figured it'd be a good time to get to know each other better," he smirked. "Well, alright," I sighed. "I grew up on the outskirts of Falmouth in a small cottage with my parents. We lived in the middle of a grassy plain, our house was miles from anyone else. A trail around 50 feet from the backyard lead to the ocean. It was beautiful," I smiled at the memories. "That sounds amazing," he imagined. "How about you?" he sighed. "Well, my entire house is just black and dark green, very grand, but very dark," he exclaimed, taking a sip of his water.

"I get the feeling that isn't exactly your vibe, is it Malfoy?" I said. "No, not exactly, where you grew up sounds very nice to be honest," he said. "it was," I smiled quietly. "My house is cool and all, but sometimes the darkness makes it feel more lonely," he explained. "I understand," I took his hand from across the table. "I wish I'd grown up in a normal family," he exclaimed softly. I didn't know what to say, so I just squeezed his hand tighter.

We sat and talked for another hour before rain began to drizzle from the clouds above. We ran inside hand in hand, laughing as we became soaked in rain. He pulled me in for a kiss, wiping the rain off my face. "This was fun," I giggled. "Let's get you a towel," he walked into the Slytherin common room, while I waited outside. He returned with a fresh, soft green towel. He wrapped it around my shoulders, walking me back to my common room. I took it off as we arrived, handing it back to him. "Stay dry," I gave him a kiss on the cheek followed by a wink as I walked into the common room.

"Where the hell did you go?" Ron questioned, him and Harry sitting in front of the fireplace. "None of your business," I smirked, walking up the stairs in my dress. "No looking," I yelled without turning around, Harry and Ron turned their heads back to the wall. I walked into my dormitory, Hermione and Ginny already in their pajamas. "You were out late," Hermione exclaimed, looking at my dress. Thunder stormed outside the window, lightning strikes lighting up the sky. "I'm going to take a very hot shower," I said, walking into the bathroom shutting the door. "Don't get electrocuted," Ginny yelled. I threw my dress into the laundry basket, taking off my jewelry. The mirror fogged, hot air filling up the bathroom, seeping out through the small crack under the door. I stepped inside, hot water steaming my cold skin. I spent 10 minutes soaking up in bubbles, then changed into my pajamas.

"How was it? The date, not the shower," Ginny laughed as I slipped under my sheets, now warm and dry. "It was romantic," I smiled, opening my book. "How was your 'date' with Harry?" I asked Hermione. "It was fun," she smirked, rolling her eyes at the fact that I had called it a date. "The second we came back Ron sort of lost it," she sighed. "He'll snap out of it eventually," Ginny said, switching off the light.

DRACO'S POV

I returned to my common room, still drenched from the rain. I'd wrapped the towel around my neck. It smelled of her perfume. The common room was surprisingly empty. I walked into my room, placing the towel into the laundry bin, along with my wet shirt and pants. I changed into a t shirt and boxers, and slipped under my dark green, soft covers. I took off nearly all my rings, leaving the one she'd given me on, just in case. It helped me rest easier. I'd noticed the scars on the palms of her hands. I wondered where they had come from. Death eater's showed no mercy; if her mother was killed and she was there, they most likely would've killed her too, right? I could most definitely picture a death eater killing a child. I had to figure this out; figure her out. No matter how long it took.

I had to make sure she was safe.