4 - Don't Kiss and Tell

Viktor, Fleur, Cedric and Harry had been selected last week to compete in the Tri-Wizard cup. Ron was incredibly pissed at Harry, as he believed Harry had cheated his way in. I was on Harry's side, but I didn't want to get involved. I had spent most of the week by myself. Hermione and I ended up spending the afternoon on the school green. Draco and his friends were hanging out by a nearby tree, and other students sat at picnic tables snacking and studying.

I was reading a book on Quidditch strategies to prepare for the spring season, when Harry entered. Draco began laughing and hopped off the tree. Harry slowed his pace, facing Malfoy. I rolled my eyes and turned back to my book, the silver ring on my middle finger shining in the sunlight. "Why so tense, Potter?" He yelled, his friends laughing around him. "My father and I have a bet you see, I think you won't last ten minutes in this tournament," He laughed. "He disagrees, he thinks you won't last five," his friends laughed.

"I don't give a damn what your father thinks Malfoy," my eyes grew, and I looked back towards my books, shocked at Harry's snap back. "This is more entertaining than TV," I whispered. Hermione giggled, then saw my ring.

"I don't think I've seen you wear that one before, where'd you get it?" she asked. Harry and Draco continued to fight in the background. I glanced at Malfoy, Hermione's eyes following mine. "you're serious?" She said. "Do you have a thing for him??" she said loudly. "Shh, I found it on my bedside table. Look," I said taking it off, showing her the snake.

"What if it's not from him?" Hermione said. "It is, just trust me." Draco glanced at me, behind Harry. He gave me the look again. Before he could turn back, Alistair Moody walked out with his wand in hand, and I watched Draco turn into a small white ferret. My mouth dropped. "Well, that's not something you see every day," Hermione laughed. Professor McGonagall walked in and forced Professor Moody to stop. Draco ran away with his friends, straight past us. I looked up at him as he ran, his face was flushed red. I giggled.

A few hours later I went back to the small secret courtyard. The sun was setting over the mountains, the sky melting with colors of pink and orange. "Figured I'd find you here."

I looked over to see Malfoy. "This yours?" I showed him the ring.

"It's yours now," he sat next to me.

"You think earlier was funny huh?" he looked at me. I eyed him carefully, studying his movements, trying to understand what was going through that rigid mind of his.

"I'm not intimidated by you, Malfoy. Maybe that's why you're so conflicted about me," I smirked, looking back towards the sunset. "I see you staring at me every day, you're everywhere I go, and at this point, I don't think it's a coincidence," I said, still looking out towards the sky.

He gently grabbed my face and turned it towards his. "Not a coincidence huh? Maybe you're the one looking at me," his voice softened, sounding almost soothing to my ears. I felt my heart skip a beat. His rings were cold against the side of my face.

"Maybe we're just looking at each other," I whispered.

I could smell his cologne and his minty breath against my skin. He leaned in, his lips softly brushing against mine. "Be careful, the devil has a pretty face," he whispered.

"Well the devil and I get along just fine."

I don't know what the hell had gotten into me, but I let my lips press against his soft lips, his hand still cupping my cheek as I closed my eyes, allowing myself to get lost inside of the feeling.

He kissed back, then pulled away, brushing a curl from out of my face and tucking it behind my ear.

"Well with an angel face like yours, I wouldn't say I'm surprised," he breathed, his hand ran under my jawline, as he let his thumb run along my bottom lip.

"Hopefully my soul isn't too dark for you," he smirked.

"You don't have to pretend to be something you're not. I don't care how much you try to hide it, I can see the good in you," I sighed, looking into his grey eyes.

"Oh really?" he smirked.

"I'm being serious," I said.

"Well whatever's going on through that mind of yours, I still like your face," he stood up.

"Hopefully one day you can like more than just my good looks Malfoy," I snorted.

"I already do. Goodnight, angel," he smiled jokingly, walking off into the dark halls, leaving me all alone in the courtyard.

DRACO'S POV

"Goodnight, angel," I smiled at her, swiftly moving into the darkness of the corridor. I didn't know what to feel. I walked through the empty halls, a mix of lust and bewilderment in my heart; and nearly a feeling of guilt. Why did I feel guilty? I felt such an urge to tease her, but not because I hate her. She teased back, and when she did, I felt something.

I like her more every minute I spent with her.

I didn't understand what that feeling was. Was it love? Did I feel love for someone? I'd never felt like this before. I always teased girls, but they never fought back the way she did. It was... Attractive. But She's in Gryffindor. She's friends with Potter for Merlin's sake. Before I knew it, I was back in my room. I looked at my rings, staring at the one empty compartment. The ring I had given her. I'd never put so much thought into a girl before.

Maybe she could bring out the good in me; the good I've been forced to hide since I was a boy.

Maybe she could be my angel.

CAROLINE'S POV

My stomach filled with butterflies as I walked back into the common room. Hermione, Harry and Ron sat on the couch discussing the first task. "Where have you been?" Hermione stammered as I walked quietly into the room. "Is that Draco's cologne??" Ron sneered. I blushed. "Got something to tell us Caroline?" Harry asked, as he looked at Hermione. "It's complicated," I mumbled, embarrassed. "Doesn't sound complicated, or smell complicated to me," insisted Hermione. "He's- he's nice." I looked at the ground. "You've GOT to be joking me," Harry put his hand on his forehead. "How was it then?" Hermione asked.

"We just kissed, were you thinking of something else? And hey, I thought Ron was still mad at you Harry?" I blurted out. "Don't try to switch the subject, this is a very important discussion," Ron snapped. "I mean, why would he go after you anyways, you're in Gryffindor," Harry said. "That's what I said!! Then again we've kind of had a thing for the past few months and-"

"When were you gonna tell us this?" Harry cut me off. "Well, I thought he was just playing with me I didn't think it was gonna go anywhere," I said. "Well clearly you were wrong, so you guys are dating now? This is going to be so awkward," Hermione said. "I don't know, I, I'm just gonna go to bed." All three of them began talking at the same time.

"I'm going to bed," I said sternly, walking up the stairs. The last thing I saw was Harry, Ron and Hermione looking at each other, completely shocked.

I went upstairs to find Ginny in her bed, reading a book. "Ginny, I need advice." I sighed. "What do you need?" She asked. "Draco and I just kissed." I said quietly. "What was that??" Ginny's mouth dropped. "We kissed. I don't know. I'm confused. Please help." I plopped down onto my bed, stuffing my face into a pillow. "Well, um, do you really like him? I've seen you guys eyeing each other you know. I'm a lot more observant than the others," She exclaimed. "Yeah, I like him, but everyone else in this house doesn't. I'm gonna get dropped by bloody everyone," I sighed.

"Well, you'll have me. I'm sure Harry, Ron and Hermione will find a way to deal with it." She said. "Yeah, I hope so," I wrapped up in a blanket, as Lorelei jumped onto the bed. "Get some sleep, you need it," Ginny said, closing her book and putting it on her night stand. "right," I said, curling up under the covers. I was about to fall asleep when I heard, "You guys need a ship name.'

"Not now Ginny," I whined. "Fine, fine. Night," She giggled. "Night." I smiled.

I could still feel his lips against mine as I drifted to sleep. Maybe he was right.

Because true evil is above all things, seductive.