27 - Young Love

It was Friday, after classes. Everyone left the transfiguration classroom, leaving me and Professor McGonagall. She began to walk me to the room of requirement. "If it's alright with you, I'd like to see some of your training after I teach you the spell," She asked, as we walked into the training room. "Of course," I answered excitedly. "Alright. The spell I'm going to be teaching you is Piertotum Locomotor. This will enchant the statues to fight back." She explained. Suddenly, Harry and Hermione ran through the door. "Oh, hey guys," I smiled.

They stood awkwardly at the door, looking at Professor McGonagall. "Please do come in," she said, motioning her hand. They swiftly walked in, taking a seat. "I will give an example, you will fight against it. Understand?" She asked. I nodded my head. "Hermione, I need a boost. Give me something more than stupefy," I said as she stood behind me. "Alright," She thought. "Ready?" Hermione asked. "Yup," I prepared for a more powerful blast. "Reducto," she said, filling my veins with power. "Piertotum Locomotor," Professor McGonagall commanded the statue. It drew it's sword facing me.

Draco slowly slipped through the doors, Harry motioning for him to sit down. I weaved the sword skillfully, facing the statue. It swung towards my shoulder, as I swiftly blocked, the swords clanging against one another. I went for a hit, swiping at it's side, leaving a deep cut in it's side, unfortunately not enough to break it completely. It swiftly swiped, leaving a small gash in the side of my arm. Draco began to stand, but Hermione forced him to sit down. "You got this," Harry yelled. I strengthened my muscles, despite my draining energy. Blood dripped from the cuts on my hands, but I didn't care.

The statue walked towards me, and I sliced it down the center. Draco stood behind me, having already anticipated my fall. I fell backwards into his arms, as he sat me down on the floor. I'm happy I let him help, I don't think I'd be able to do it without him. "Amazing work," Professor McGonagall clapped. "Thanks," I said, out of breath. "That's the first time you've fought against something animated Caroline," Hermione smiled. "Can you grab the medical kit, Granger?" Draco asked. She slid it across the floor towards him. Draco sat me against the wall, opening the kit. He cleaned my hands and my shoulder down with a wipe.

"Emendo," Hermione cantered over my hands, shutting the wounds closed. "Thanks," I closed my eyes. "No problem," Hermione and Draco said at the same time. They glared at each other. "Both of you," I assured sternly, before they could start arguing. "I'll let you all be," Professor McGonagall said, leaving the room. I laid my head on Draco's shoulder as he stroked my hair. "Water?" I asked Harry. "One second," Harry ran to the other side of the room, bringing me a bottle of water. "Thanks," I gulped it down. Harry and Hermione sat on the floor across from us.

"That was impressive," Hermione said. I smiled. "You've definitely improved in the last few weeks," Harry added. "I've still got a ton of progress to make," I said. I didn't want to be over positive- and I definitely didn't want to go in over my head. Feeling overwhelmed was the last thing I needed. We sat for another hour discussing training so I could regain my energy before dinner. "It's nearly dinner, you think you're ready?" Draco asked. "I'm good now," I said, standing up.

We walked into the great hall, Draco running ahead. I understood why he didn't want to walk in with us, his Slytherin friends would probably make fun of him. We sat down at the table for dinner. Draco smiled at me from across the room. In all honesty, I'd forgotten that the Beauxbatons and Durmstrang students were still here. They sat at two tables on the other side of Hufflepuff table.

At this point, one question seemed to linger in the back of all of our minds. Was Voldemort really back? The noisiness of the great hall had returned to normal, and nobody was discussing it. Maybe people were just scared. I personally believed Harry. I knew Voldemort would return eventually. Seamus and Dean had been avoiding him, along with half of the other Gryffindors; not to mention half the students in the entire school. I felt terribly for him.

We were about to walk back to the dormitory, when Draco grabbed my arm. "What are you doing?" I asked, as he pulled me away from the table, and into the corridor. "Draco," I said quietly. He wouldn't look at me. "What was all that?" He asked me. "What do you mean? Like what happened in the training room?" I asked, incredibly confused. "Was it too overwhelming? I'm sorry, I should've warned you, I didn't-" I began rambling. He cusped my cheek, shushing me softly. "I'm just worried about you, I don't want you to get hurt or push yourself too hard, okay?" He said. I gazed into his soft, grey eyes. "I appreciate it, I really do. That's why I'm training, it's just a little bit every day, one step at a time," I reassured him, smiling.

"You know, ever since the first time I saw you.." his voice trailed off, our eyes still locked. "What?" I asked quietly. "It was like we connected," he confessed. "You felt that too?" I asked. "When have I ever been nice to a girl before you?" he chuckled. "Very good point," I smiled. "It was unexplainable, I couldn't get you out of my head," he said shyly. I'd never seen him so vulnerable. "I tend to have that effect on people," I teased. He looked at me, brushing a curl out of my face. "Just promise me you'll stay safe," he said, worry filling his eyes. "I promise," I kissed him, before walking backwards into the darkness of the corridor. "Goodnight, sweetheart," I mocked him jokingly, leaving him in the hallway.

I made my way back to the common room. "We thought you dissapeared," Harry said, as I plopped down on a chair in front of the fireplace. "Very funny," I laughed. Hermione and Ron were competing in wizards' chess. "You're bloody cheating," Hermione squealed. "No, I'm just better than you," Ron laughed. "Checkmate," he smirked. "You," she laughed angrily. She tackled him to the ground, rolling around on the floor laughing. I gave Harry a smirk. "You think?" he whispered. "Oh definitely," I raised my eyebrows. Ron had Hermione pinned to the ground. "I win, again," he laughed. Harry and I walked up the stairs, Hermione and Ron still arguing.

"Ah, young love." I smiled.