6 - Moons and Stars

The entire week I had watched countless rejections, acceptances, and cringe-worthy ask outs. Three boys had asked me out, and I rejected all of them. I had apparently made it clear among them that I was "untouchable", so to speak. Draco watched them ask me all out from afar. He seemed amused that I kept turning them down. He would smile whenever they walked away from me, defeated. Draco had yet to ask me, I wondered if he even would at this point.

One afternoon, as I was sitting in the common room, Hermione rushed in squealing, basically pulling my off the couch, dragging me by the arm up to the dormitory. "What happened? I've never seen you smile this big," I sat on my bed. "Viktor Krum asked me to the Yule Ball!!" She jumped up and down, proceeding to grab my shoulders and shake them. "The Viktor Krum," she beamed, falling onto her bed. "That's incredible Hermione, what are you going to wear?" "Well, I've got this amazing pink and purple dress, I think I'm gonna wear it with my hair up, get some heels," a giant smile creeped onto her face, and she giggled. "Anyone asked you yet?" "Not who I want to ask me at least. Terry, Colin, and Justin." I sighed. "You serious? Three boys?" she sat up, looking at me. "and you rejected all of them, for what, Draco?" I looked down at the ground. "Maybe," I cooed. "You are crazy, you know that?" "Yeah, I know."

"You see that note on your night stand?" she pointed. "When were you planning on telling me this?" I jumped off my bed, picking up the note. It was a small piece of paper, rolled up and tied with a green ribbon. "You know where to go. Meet me there, eight o'clock. - DM" I read aloud. "Someone's got to get ready," She smiled at me. I ran into the closet, and grabbed a white blouse, jeans and the ring Draco gave me. I threw my hair into a side braid, head out the door. "If he breaks your heart Harry's gonna kill him," Hermione yelled in a sing song voice. "I know," I yelled back.

I walked through the halls, the sun setting outside the aged glass windows. I came upon the courtyard. It was lit with candles, and in the center sat a small silken blanket. On top was a white rose. Draco was nowhere in sight. I walked inside, looking at the ring on my finger. Suddenly, I felt two hands on my waist. "Looks like you found my note," I felt his breath on the side of my neck. He spun me around, so that I faced him. "Will you go to the Yule Ball with me?" his voice was quiet and soothing, completely different from when we would fight in the halls. This voice made me feel safe. "Of course," I smiled gently, our faces inches apart. "Thought you might reject me like those other guys," he smiled back, pulling me closer with one hand and holding my face with the other. "Well lucky for you, I waited," I kissed him gently, and he kissed back.

"I have a gift for you," he brushed a strand of hair out of my face and tucked it behind my ear. He reached into his pocket, and pulled out a beautiful silver necklace, with a moon and star dangling from the front. "It's stunning," I gasped. "Turn around," I did. he moved my braid to the side, and hooked the necklace onto my neck. "Thank you," I turned back around, kissing him passionately. "Are we gonna keep this a secret?" I asked. "Well if we're going to the ball together, that wouldn't be a very long secret, would it?" he smiled, giving me another kiss. He pulled away, and I stared into his ice blue eyes. "You're a mystery Draco Malfoy," I whispered. "I guess we're more similar than you think," he took my hand and intertwined our fingers, and we sat down on the blanket.

"Are you gonna tell me about yourself?" I asked, laying down on his chest, one hand wrapped around my waist, the other playing with my hair. "Only if you go first," He said quietly. "Fine. My birthday is May 24th, my favorite class is Dark Arts, and my favorite candy is fizzing whizbees. What about you?" "My birthday is June 5th, I love tomato soup when I'm sick, and I hate when people take pictures of me." He smiled. "tomato soup," I giggled. "Why's that so funny?" He laughed. "We should probably go back to our dormitories," I said. "Leaving me already Bellegreen?" "So we're using last names now, Malfoy?" I pecked him on the cheek before standing. I held out my hands, and pulled him up. he grabbed my waist, and I threw my arms over his shoulders. "That necklace looks amazing on you by the way," he smiled. "Of course it does, it's from you," our faces were inches apart, and I could hear his breathing. "Goodnight Draco," I kissed him hard one last time, then broke away.

"Goodnight Bellegreen."