36 - Feeling

We swiftly made our way to the shoe rack, admiring the beautiful heels that sat on the wooden shelves. "These are gorgeous," I gushed, picking up a pair of silver pumps with heel straps covered in rhinestones. "They match your jewelry perfectly, you should buy them," Ginny smiled, proceeding to picking up a pair of cute white flats. "I think I will," I set them on the countertop, pulling out my money. Hermione chose a pair of wedges. We all paid for our shoes, then walked back to the castle with our shopping bags.

By the time we got back, everyone was talking about the party. "Well I guess people are coming," I smirked as we entered the common room. It was four o'clock, we had four hours to set up the room of requirement. "You're helping," I said, dragging Ron and Harry out of their dorm room. "Let's go," Ginny smiled.

We reached the room of requirement. It was a large empty dance floor with a two sided grand staircase that led upstairs to a long table against the wall. "We'll put the snacks up here," Ginny exclaimed. In the center of the dance floor sat five boxes of party decorations. We opened them up, then sorted them out into sections. "Apparently the room of requirement wants us to throw a rager," I exclaimed, looking at the decorations. Neon blue lights, glow in the dark balloons, speakers, glow sticks; this was going to be one hell of a party.

I placed the lights against the walls using my wand while Ginny put the balloons in the corners. "I'll arrange the food," Ron said. "Don't eat it all before the party starts," Ginny giggled, jumping backwards as a balloon popped in her face. "Karma," Ron smirked, taking a bite of a chocolate frog.

The room was finally decorated, thirty minutes left to spare to get ready. We headed back to the common room to get dressed. "Do some eyeliner, it makes you look ten times hotter trust me," Ginny laughed, handing me the bottle. "Good idea honestly," I smiled, swiping the liquid eyeliner onto my lids. "Yeah that's it," I posed in the bathroom mirror, my black dress matching. I'd given myself a smokey eye, along with some lip gloss. My jewelry from Draco matched perfectly with my heels.

"Ready?" Hermione asked lightly, clearly happy in her new dress. "Yup, let's go."

We walked to the room of requirement, a few people already standing outside. "You guys ready in there?" we yelled to Harry. "Yep, everything's set. Opening the doors now," Harry pushed open the large doors, allowing for students to begin to go in. Party music began to play, the sunset turning to dusk outside the windows. Students overflowed the dance floor, mini dresses and tuxes filling the room to the brim. Singles walked up the stairs to the snack bar instead of dancing. "Where's Draco?" I asked Ginny. "Not sure, haven't seen him," she answered, drinking her pumpkin juice.

"You keep the party going, I'm gonna go find him," I answered her. I pushed through the room full of bodies, making my way into the hallway. "Where're you going?" Harry asked, standing by the door. "I'm gonna go look for Draco, I'll be back in a bit," I smiled softly, walking down the stairs to the Slytherin common room. My heels clicked lightly on the stone floor, as I approached the dark wooden door in the dungeons. "Draco?" I knocked on the door, calling inside. I pressed lightly on the door, it swung open. I walked inside to see Draco sitting on the sofa in front of the fireplace, in his pajamas.

"Forgot you weren't a party person," I said quietly, still standing in the doorway. "Seemed lame," he stared into the fireplace. "Well I planned it, so you better come up with a quick apology," I walked further into the common room, now standing in front of him, the soft green flames crackling quietly behind me. He fixed his gaze at me, slowly admiring every curve of my body, biting his lip softly. "On second thought, maybe I'll throw on a tux," he murmured, taking my hand, standing up to go to his room.

I sat on his bed in silence as he changed into his tux. "How'd you score a room by yourself?" I asked quietly, the moonlight shining through the glass windows. "My father requested it, not exactly sure why, but I definitely appreciate it," he slid a black button down shirt over his muscular chest, placing his blazer over top. "Ready?" I asked. "of course," he took my hand in his softly, kissing me on the cheek. "You look beautiful by the way," he whispered in my ear. "You look handsome yourself, Malfoy," I smiled.

We walked quietly back to the party. "Okay this is definitely cooler than I thought it was going to be," he smirked as we entered the room of requirement which had been completely overtaken by the scent of butterbeer and perfume. "Shall we?" I took his hands, dancing stupidly with him on the dance floor. "Oh my god this is embarrassing," his face flushed, trying to hide his small smile on his face. "Come on, loosen up for a bit," I smiled, swinging his arms lightly to the music.

"Nooo," he smiled in embarrasment. "Just pretend it's only you and me," I moved closer to him, running my fingers along his jawline. He slowly settled in, focusing in on my face and body, grabbing my waist gently as we grooved to the music. "Better?" I asked quietly, our faces now inches apart. "Definitely," he exhaled, slightly out of breath from dancing. Suddenly, a slow tune began to play.

I rested my head on his shoulder, swaying slowly to the music in unison. "Let's get out of here," he whispered in my ear. We walked back to the empty Slytherin common room, sitting on the couch in front of the fireplace. I laid in his lap against his chest as he braided my hair. "I'm tired," I whispered, looking up at his face. "Let's go to sleep then," he picked me up swiftly, as I wrapped my legs around his waist. I giggled as he carried me up the stairs, plopping me down on his bed. "Here," he threw me a hoodie. "You look over there," I pointed to the wall, taking off my mini dress.

"Fine, fine," he smiled, turning around. The hoodie was huge on me, but it was quite comfortable. It smelled of his cologne. He got into his bed, motioning for me to lay next to him. "This is nice," I cuddled up against his bare chest, his arms wrapping around me, pulling me into a hug. "I love you," he said quietly, running his fingers through my hair. Half asleep, too tired to respond, I smiled into his chest.

He already knew I loved him more.