35 - Celebration

June 7th

"I can't believe school ends next week," Hermione gushed as we sat on the floor of the training room. It was a sunny, beautiful afternoon. Draco sat close next to me, just as silent as he usually was. Harry and Ron sat across from us, and Ginny sat on my other side. I never expected Draco to talk when Harry was around. They hated each other for Merlin's sake. Of course I'd hear the occasional snarky comment or argument but I'd managed to keep them under control.

In public they of course still fought when I wasn't around, but I didn't mind. I honestly found it amusing. I couldn't wait to see my dad next week, but I was going to miss Draco dearly. Not seeing him all summer? We'd clung on to each other the entire year; the summer would feel strange without him.

Hermione, Ginny and I had already arranged to have our dorm together next year, so we didn't have to pack anything major from our room. I'd begun to pack my clothes a bit, but My suitcases were still quite unorganized.

We sat quietly on the ground, Hermione with an open book in her hand. "We should do something fun for the last week of school," Ginny suggested. "What do you have in mind?" I asked, resting my head on Draco's shoulder. "How about, I don't know, a party?" she smirked. "What kind of party Ginny, we don't have time to plan a bloody party," Ron scoffed, unamused. "We should definitely throw a party. I'm planning," I raised my hand in the air, smiling excitedly. "Alright, let's begin," Ginny smiled.

We spent hours planning, continuing through the night. Hermione had fallen asleep, leaving Ginny and I laying on her bed going over the details. "So a formal party?" I asked at a whisper, Ginny's lamp shining on the notebook which contained the plans. "Where should we hold it?" I asked quietly. "How about the room of requirement? I bet it could turn into a party room," she smirked. "Perfect," I scribbled down the room of requirement onto the page. "When should it be?" "Two days from now? Nine o'clock at night? That way we have tomorrow to send out the invitations," I added. "Perfect."

The next morning...

After eating, Ginny and I went straight to the library to make invitations. "We're going to need a duplication spell," Ginny exclaimed as I drew out the invitation in my cursive handwriting, putting my signature flowers in the corner.

Formal end of the year party!

Dress formally

Meet in the south corridor at 8pm EST, await further instructions.

All houses invited!

"That good?" I questioned, setting my quill down on the table. "Perfect," she smiled. "Now for the duplicating spell," I took out my wand, remembering the spell. "How many do we need?" "Like, a hundred I guess, or we could just slip them under the common room doors," Ginny suggested. "Good idea," I pointed my wand, imagining the number four in my head. "Effingo," I chanted, the paper splitting into four perfect copies of the invitation. "Now to do the inviting."

We slipped the invitations under the common rooms, leaving the last one to keep for ourselves. "You think people will show?" Ginny asked as we walked through the hallways back to the common room. "Yeah, I do," I smiled. "The Slytherins have probably torn up the invitation already," she scoffed. "It's not like I wrote who's hosting on the invitation, plus we sent them anonymously. All we have to worry about now is finding a dress," I smiled. "Hogsmeade?" "Let's go."

We grabbed Hermione, then walked to Hogsmeade to find a dress. I had my mini dress, but I didn't want to wear it twice. Wearing the same outfit twice isn't in my vocabulary. We walked into Gladrags Wizarding Wear. "I like this one," I picked out a black satin mini dress. "You and your mini dresses," Ginny laughed, picking out a pink one that matched. "Let's try them on," she squealed in excitement as we went back to the dressing rooms.

I slipped on the black mini dress. It hugged my curves perfectly, ending at my thighs, with small black spaghetti straps. I walked out of the changing room, Ginny in her pink dress. "It's beautiful," I gushed, completely stunned at how pretty she looked. "Give me a twirl," I smiled. "It's so expensive," she said, disappointed. "I'll buy it for you," I grinned softly, hoping she'd let me. I wanted to do something nice for her, she was my best friend of course. "I'm waiting," Hermione said, sitting on the window sill of the shop. "Let me see," she smiled. We walked out arm in arm, giving a little pose. "Ginny let her buy it for you, you both look fantastic," Hermione smiled. "Alright," Ginny blushed lightly, grateful for my kind gesture.

"You should pick out a dress Hermione," I tugged at her arm. "Nooo," she whined, but I could tell she was hiding a small smile. "Fine," she couldn't hold back her giggle any longer. "How about this one?" I picked out a red mini dress. "Oh gosh, give me something a bit more, flowy, that's way too much," she blushed. "It would look amazing," I pressed at her, hoping she'd at least try it on. "No, more flowy," she picked out a dark red dress with glittery tulle and short sleeves. Ginny and I changed then paid, and waited for Hermione to finish changing.

She gave us a twirl as she walked out of the dressing room. "I love it," I smiled. "You look amazing Hermione," Ginny clapped. "I'll buy it, but only for you two," she smirked, changing back into her clothes and paying at the register. "Shoes? My treat," I pointed over at the shoe rack that stood by the door. We all looked at each other.

"Hell yeah," Ginny smiled.