34 - Torment

Hermione, Ginny and I knocked on the Slytherin common room door, hoping someone would hear. "Draco?" I knocked, nearly yelling. Pansy ended up opening the door. "What do you lot want?" she snarked. "Is there any way you could get Draco for me?" I asked, hoping she'd say yes. "Sure," she shut the door, skipping up the stairs to get him. "She's peppy," Hermione exclaimed, confused at her short but sweet answer. "I thought she'd put up a fight," Ginny smirked. "Yeah," I said softly, looking at the ground.

Pansy opened the door, Draco standing next to her. "Is everything okay?" he asked quietly, standing in his plaid pajamas. "We have to show you something," I took his hand, dragging him up the stairs, Hermione and Ginny following closely behind us. People stared as we ran through the common room, up to my dormitory.

"What is this?" he looked at the chocolates, almost picking them up. "Don't touch them," Hermione snapped suddenly. I handed him the note cautiously, hoping he wouldn't explode. But we all know he would; and we all know who did it. "Terry," he snarled, ripping the note into pieces. "Draco," I grabbed his arm, pulling him close to me so he wouldn't go ballistic. "I say we all go to the astronomy together," Hermione suggested. "What, so I can punch his face in again?" Draco sneered, squeezing my hand.

"So that's why your knuckles are bruised," I smirked in slight amusement. He looked at the ground. "Don't feel bad, I would pay to watch that," I gave him a pat on the back. "Good job," I smiled jokingly. "If we take a camera, we can get video proof," Hermione suggested. "Good idea. You all follow behind me, and wait on the steps. I'll go in while Hermione gets the video footage. Once he tries something, we take it to Dumbledore," I said. "Solid plan, let's go," Hermione took her camera out of her bag.

We all walked side by side up to the astronomy tower. "Ready?" Ginny whispered. "Yep, follow close behind me. Wait on the other side of the wall," I whispered back, slowly entering the room. Hermione held the camera and began to record through a small crack in the stone. "Draco?" I murmured, pretending I was a clueless idiot. "Figured you'd show eventually Bellegreen," Terry grinned wickedly from the corner of the room, standing in the dark, moonlight shining on his shaggy brown hair and evil green eyes. "You," I snarled, trying not to laugh. At least I was a good actor.

"Are you alone?" he questioned. "I thought it would be Draco," I stammered, trying to sound as convincing as possible. He began to slowly push me against the wall, breathing against my neck. That's it, I'm done. I took my knee and struck him right between the legs. He stumbled, falling backwards, wailing in pain. Hermione's camera peeked around the corner as they walked out into the open. "Nice hit, you should teach me that one some time," Ginny smirked, pulling lightly on my ponytail. Draco walked out from behind them, standing by my side. He locked his arm in mine tightly.

"Last time I checked, she doesn't want you," Draco said, looking from Terry to me, planting a light kiss on my forehead. "We've got our proof," Hermione smiled, turning off the camera. "Fuck you, Bellegreen," Terry groaned, looking up at me in anger. "Nah, that's his job," I smirked at Draco, giving him a wink before we walked back to the dormitory.

"What do we do with the chocolates?" Ginny asked, poking at them with her wand. "How about we chuck them out the window?" Harry suggested, having now walked into the room. He wanted to stick around to hear what had happened. "I say we take them to Dumbledore in the morning," Hermione said, looking at the time. It was late. "I'd like to be able to sleep in my bed tonight," I scoffed, looking at the heart shaped box. "You can sleep in mine," Draco smirked. "Shut up," I laughed, elbowing him lightly. "How do we even know they're dangerous?" Harry sat on Ginny's bed next to her. "Traces of rose thorns and peppermint oil, vital ingredients in amortentia," Hermione's face saddened, as though imagining what would've happened if I had eaten one.

"What's that?" I questioned, just as confused as the rest of them. "Love potion, six year potions," she answered. I shuddered at the thought of Terry trying to do that to me. Draco held my hand a bit tighter, giving me a small look in the eyes, as though to say, ' it's okay '. "How do you know that?" Ginny asked, her face a bit flushed as Harry sat next to her. "A friend told me," she smiled, sitting on her bed. "Now, how do we move this stupid box?" I asked. "Do you not remember first year charms class?" Draco whispered into my ear. God I was stupid. "Right," I took out my wand.

"Wingardium Leviosa," I cantered, moving the box carefully onto the floor. "Or, we could just carry the box to Dumbledore," Harry reached down picking it up without hesitation. My eyes widened. "You alright?" I asked in shock. "The outside of the box isn't gonna do anything you idiots," Harry chuckled, awkwardly walking out of the room into the hallway. "Come on, let's go," he waved to us, standing in the doorway.

We approached Dumbledore's office, knocking lightly on the door. "He's probably asleep," Ginny said at a loud whisper. Suddenly the door whipped open. "What in the heavens are you all doing up this late?" he yelled quietly, clearly too tired for this. "Terry tried to drug her," Draco put quite literally before any of us could say anything. "come in," he grumbled, letting us into his office.

"We have video proof," Hermione placed the camera down on his desk as he viewed the footage. "Here are the chocolates," Harry placed them beside the camera. "Thank you very much, we will discuss expulsion in the morning," he nearly dozed off in his chair. "You all may go," We walked out of the office, Draco holding me behind. "You all go ahead," I said, Harry, Hermione and Ginny turning to go back to the common room. Draco hugged me from behind, grabbing my waist.

"I'm sorry he ruined your birthday, I promised it wouldn't happen, and I-" his sentence cut off as I spun to face him, his eyes glossing over. "Ruin? It was the best birthday ever," I smiled, reaching up to hold my hand against his cheek. "I got to spend time with my friends, went on an amazing picnic with my boyfriend, and I got to kick Terry in the nuts," I giggled. He couldn't help but laugh at my joke. "Now I know to never make you mad," he rolled his eyes with a smile. "I'd never kick you in the nuts," I snorted, taking his hand. "You go back to your dormitory," I stood on my tip toes, giving him a small kiss on the cheek. "As long as you promise to not fall asleep on the floor of the common room," he smiled at me. "Deal."

We turned our separate ways, the midnight sky softly lighting the hallways. I returned to the dormitory, Hermione and Ginny already fast asleep. I threw my robes into the closet, changing into my silk pajama shorts with a tank top. Lorelei jumped into my arms as I slipped under the soft sheets, cuddling up besides me. "Goodnight," I whispered to her as she purred quietly, the sound of crickets chirping peacefully outside of our bedroom window. The sky full of stars gave the room a soft glow, a sense of peace washing over my complexion.

All was well.