Chapter 01 - Butterflies.

Chapter One~

~~Nikita's POV~~

"Nikki? Come downstairs! and make it quick or Tori will leave you!"  

"Coming!" I replied as I zipped my hooded jacket and pulled on some sneakers. Aunt sophie didn't have  the time to drop me off at school herself! Skimming through the huge pile of scattered books, I picked up the right ones, shoving them rapidly in my bag. Then, facing the mirror, I quickly brushed through my damp hair. Finally, I looked at the poster of my favourite boyband, and I blew them all a kiss.

Thanks for being so awesome, I thought to myself. Lastly, I took my Phone and sprinted downstairs.

"You are late like always" mocked Tanner, all ready and finished with his breakfast. I rolled my eyes at him. Punctuality, was NEVER my cup of tea. Instead of defending myself like I ususally would, I just kept quiet, and made my toast, smiling at him.

"I'm forgiving you for that," I said feeling like a great saint, being so very kind. He gave me a confused look.  

"Well, somebody's in a great mood today." He observed. "May I know the reason?" He asked with a puppy dog face.

"No!" I said and laughed it off, because I myself didnt know why I was so happy today, It was just in the air- the excitment, the thrill, the tingle of butterflies in your stomach. That's what usually happens to everybody on their first year as a freshman. But this time, it was something else too.

I had a pretty good intuition, and somehow I had this gut feeling that, today, would be a great day.

Trying to suppress all the happy emotions just surging out of me, I took out my phone which had just made a beeping sound of a new message from my pocket. I unlock it and go to the message icon. There I could see a new message from Tori. She was my first friend when I came to this neighbourhood around ten years ago. We have been inseparable ever since then.

Waiting in car... Come out or I swear I will go without you! x

I smiled at the screen. and replied.

I will be there before you can say BANANA xD

Finishing the last two bites of toast and drinking my juice, I started towards the main door.

I carpooled with Tori, because Tanner and my Aunt could only afford to buy one car for one of us. Since Tanner was older, he got the Silver BMW while I have to wait for yet another year. I would've usually made a fuss about how I should be getting a car too, and how its not fair, and how Aunt Sophie can totally afford a car right now since my 18th birthday is coming in 2 months, but surpisingly, I stayed calm.

As I got into Tori's red Toyota, I wished her a good morning and threw one of typical smiles her way: wide, bright, and all my teeth showing.

~~ Tori's POV ~~

I threw a surprised glance Nikki's way, "You do understand it's morning, right? And that out of 365 days in the year you are the complete opposite of a morning person?" I put a hand on her forehead, feeling for a fever. "Are you feeling ok?"

Laughing as Nikki batted my concerned hands aside, I turned around to pull out of the driveway.

"Just excited." She admitted as we made our way down the street. "I don't know why."

I took my eyes off the road for a second to look at her. She seemed genuine. Maybe it mirrored the hyper energy that had coursed through my veins since this morning. "Yeah, I feel the same. Like I just had a whole bag of candy."