chapter 44

KIKIOPE

"Why are you just coming?" Miss Grace asked immediately Bimpe and I stepped into the class, it was already second period, and we  just got to school.

"Our car had a fault, so,we got stuck," Bimpe explained.

"Ah, sorry, you can go to your seat," she permitted, and we smiled before going to our seats.

"The rate at which you've been lying lately is becoming something else oo," I joked as we pulled out our chairs.

"Okay, so, you wanted to tell her that we went to the market abi?" She asked in a jocular tone and I smiled.

We'd actually gone to the market early in the morning, Doyin didn't go with us because she was feeling feverish so, she couldn't leave the school, we'd told AY to go without us before we both went straight to the market to buy the Ankara.

We'd gotten ₦60 000 from our blackmail so, we shared it equally and bought the Ankara from it. I remember when we'd gone to Mutiat, the girl had almost fainted that day when she realized we had the video of her and Uncle Kingsley, she'd begged us to the extent of following us around but Bimpe had told her to pay ₦15 000 and to also be our slave taking over from Jubilee.

When we'd gone to Skirt Chaser's class, he'd tried to prove stubborn but being the punks we were, we'd told him we'll rope him to be a murderer and rapist, we planned to make it look like he raped Blessing and even drugged her and while that one had found out he wanted to Kill her.

He still proved stubborn but when we sent the last half of the video to the school's group chat, he'd called us quickly, and we pulled it down, luckily for him only we JANU Icons and few students who didn't seem like they existed had seen the video, then we'd compelled him to pay ₦20 000 and to apologize to Blessing publicly. Blackmailing is actually fun.

"Kikiope," I heard Miss Grace call and I snapped out of my thoughts.

"Come and copy this note for me," she ordered and I smiled before walking out to write the note.

Her class went by in a blur, immediately she left our class, I sighted Ann on her seat, she was resting her head on the table, and I was surprised, she'd been missing in school since Monday ever since Ìyá Ìbón took her to the principal, the news had gone viral and I guess that could be reason she didn't come to school.

"Hey," I tapped her shoulder, and she raised her head, sadness was written all over her face. The stupid Bella who was her seatmate had joined the other ADS patients at the back.

"Hi," she replied succinctly.

"Come, let's go to my seat," I told her after realizing the ADS patients had already glued their eyes on us ready to listen to our conversation.

She nodded before following me, luckily Abimbola and Nnena had gone to Jubilee's seat as usual.

"Hey Ann, didn't know you came to school today," Bimpe greeted as I sat on my chair while Ann sat on my table.

"Yeah," Ann replied.

"Why have you been away for days?" Bimpe questioned.

Ann cleared her throat before replying, "I couldn't take the disgrace and my mom locked me up."

"Ah, sorry," Bimpe and I replied in unison.

"So, what did the school management say about it?" I inquired.

She sniffed before replying,"They wanted to expel me but Miss Grace made them reason with the circumstances and what had happened, and they'd agreed that I didn't just get pregnant out of my will and that I was a victim of circumstances."

"I know that foolish Ìyá Ìbón would be against you because that useless woman didn't come back that day," Bimpe snickered.

Ann forced a smile.

"So, what did they agree on?" I asked.

"I can still stay in school till the end of this term and by next term I'll be on a break, so, they've decided to use my first and second term result to promote me," she explained and I nodded.

"Okay, you would have given birth before we resume SS3?" Bimpe asked.

"Yeah," she clarified.

"But what of the baby? Who will take care of the child?" I questioned.

"Aunty Flourish has decided to help with that, she said I can give her the baby and I can come back when I'm ready," she explained.

I furrowed my brows, "You mean our assistant class teacher?"

"Yeah," she replied this time with a smile.

"Does she like babies nii abi what?" Bimpe queried.

"She runs a day care, and she told me she loves babies, she stays around the school and I've gone to her place."

"Wow, that's nice," Bimpe and I commented in unison.

💢💢💢💢💢💢💢

"Wait, when will the SRC members vote because Monday is our manifesto oo," I turned to Khalid who was sitting at the edge of the two-seater opposite me.

"Oh, I didn't tell you guys, it was on Friday."

"Really?" I adjusted my sitting position.

"Yeah."

"So, the result should be out nah, it's not as if they're much," I continued, and he nodded.

"It's already out."

A smile appeared on my face, "So?"

He smiled, "I'm now the SRC chairman."

"Yaayyy," I jumped on him, and he laughed before, I withdrew from the hug slowly to look at him, then he smiled at me before I heard that ugly voice that always screamed her lungs out

"What is this?" Abimbola screamed as she rushed to us and pulled me away from Khalid.

"Are you okay? What's the meaning of all this? Are you..."

"Shut up jo, you better don't cut a vein, I don't even know what's wrong with you," I hissed before going back to my previous position.

"You don't know what's wrong with me? I met you smooching my boyfriend, you were all over him and you..."

"Abimbola please don't start again, can't you borrow sense for once? Why are you this daft?"

Her brows snapped together," Am I the one you're calling daft, I can't blame you, the ashewo is already in your blood so, it doesn't surprise me again, like mother like daughter, you're..."

I didn't allow her to complete the sentence as I landed a hot and reverberating slap on her face making her ugly wig move, I removed the wig from her head and used it to hit her face.

"Did you just slap me?" She yelled. All the while Khalid was only chatting on his phone without even sparing us a glance.

"Yes and I'll do it again if you say any stupid thing again," I replied before pushing her out of my way, she fell to the ground while I kicked her body before storming out of the house.

Double update
What do you think about this chapter?
Remember to vote and comment