chapter 12

KIKIOPE

We were at the school field warming up and practising for the upcoming inter house sports. I was seated on the grass watching Bimpe do high jumps, when an ugly voice straining to be nice whispered into my ear.

"You look hot in your P.E dress," I turned to the person and almost puked at the sight of the person squatted beside me.

"The sun is scorching so, it's  normal for me to be hot," I replied sarcastically while glaring at him. Like I don't get, what's hot in the green baggy T-shirt and shorts we were all putting on?

He chuckled before sitting beside me, quickly I moved away not wanting his sweaty body around me, he was even smelling gan.

"You know, since, that day I haven't stopped thinking about you, I love fierce girls like you" Pako said and I shook my head. Truly, I've suffered, if not why would this ugly, unkempt and rabid dog try hitting on me.

"Ah, that's good but I never thought of you, I can't even imagine myself thinking about someone like you, I didn't even know you exist until you appeared now, so, if you'll please excuse me," I stood up instantly, and he did the same.

"Can you give me your number?"

"I don't have a phone," I replied before running into the middle of the field and I sat beside Khalid who was gulping down water, it was actually a beautiful sight.

"Hey, I saw you with Pako, what's going on? Is he trying to scare you or what?" Khalid asked as he threw the water bottle away. He was in blue house and was also doing Long jump unlike me, the only idle one.

"You should know he can't scare me, can you believe that guy is trying to ask me out?"

Khalid coughed vigorously while I patted his back for some minutes before he calmed down.

"Like, you mean, that thing is trying to ask you out? Is he blind, or he doesn't even know his level again?"

"I don't know oo, I think he's just crazy, of all persons in this school, after using guys to shako, I'll now date this one, over my dead body, do I even have time for that rubbish?"

"But, it's still amusing me sha, how did you guys cross part gan?"

"Last week when I went to SS3 pink to warn Chinyere."

"Wow, so, he just decided it was best to start hitting on you, he must he sick upstairs."

"Very sick,"I enunciated.

"So, if you're not choosing Pako, who will you choose oo?"he snickered and I chuckled.

"No one, do I look like I'm a fan of secondary school dating, it's just a waste of time to me, tell me, what are you guys gaining from it?" I readjusted my position prepared to listen to his explanation.

"It's not a waste of time, it's because you haven't found any one you like, you have to live the moment and enjoy your teenage hood," he explained and I pursed my lips.

Opening my mouth to talk, Doyin and Abee joined us, they were both in yellow house, Doyin would be running the marathon race while Abee would be throwing the javelin and discus.

"What are you guys talking about?" Doyin shouted as she plopped in between Khalid and I.

"Abi, you guys are doing something behind us," Abee added and I rolled my eyes.

"Can you believe Pako is trying to ask Kikiope out?"

"What!" Doyin and Abee shouted concurrently as their eyes widened.