chapter 30

KIKIOPE

I've been wondering why Bimpe decided to miss school today without informing me, today would surely be boring without her but what  could be the reason?  Bimpe isn't someone to miss school, that means something might be going on.

"You think all my warnings are in vain right?" Abimbola interrupted my thoughts and I felt like slapping her.

"Please don't come with your nonsense this morning oo, I don't have your time," I hissed scathingly.

"Why would you have my time when you're busy thinking of a way to seduce my boyfriend?" she snorted before sitting down on her seat.

"Can you hear yourself out? If you're that insecure about your so-called boyfriend then I believe you shouldn't drag me into this," I snapped with irritation evident in my tone, the fool was even getting me riled up.

"Well, let's see who will win this," she retorted and I felt like pulling out all the cobwebs in her head but it wasn't possible so far the cobwebs was what she was using to manage, at least to still say few reasonable things.

"I'm in no competition with you, so I see no reason for you to get worked up over this rubbish," I hissed before standing up.

She snapped her fingers at me and I glared at her before walking out of the class heading to our rendezvous. I don't even understand why someone would be as stupid as Abimbola, I'm even ashamed that she's my step- sister.

"Penny for your thoughts," a voice which I instantly recognized as Kunmi's whispered into my ears.

I raised my head and smiled at him, "Did Bimpe tell you why she's absent today?" I asked as we both ambled to our rendezvous.

"Why would she tell me?"

I shrugged, "Who knows?" I punctuated it with a suspicious smile, and he shook his head before nudging my shoulders.

"You're something else but I brought my phone to school sha, maybe we should call her."

I nodded, "Good then, bring your phone," I opened my palm, and he slapped it away.

"We're in the middle of the school, any teacher can just pop in anytime, let's get to our spot first," he suggested and I agreed, immediately we got to our spot, none of the others had arrived, Abee would still be parading the hostel while Doyin and Khalid had obviously gone for JETS class.

"Oya bring your phone now," I told him, and he looked around before bringing out the phone.

"What's your password?"

He smiled sheepishly, "Guess?"

"Bimpe," I replied and he laughed.

"Why are you attributing that girl to me?"

I lifted my hand in a half shrug, "Who knows, you might be crushing on each other, the way you guys are always bantering is somehow suspicious."

He laughed again, "You're something else."

I puckered my brows,"See you didn't deny it, anyway, the topic is for another time, what's your password?"

"Bolade."

I looked up at him in confusion, "I can't remember Bolade being among your names and I don't know anyone close too you with that name, so, how come?"

His cheerful expression turned to a gloomy one, "It's my dad's name."

"Oh," I mouthed before typing the name quickly after realizing the air was getting toxic.

I lifted my head, "You saved Bimpe's name as my baby right?"