chapter 22

KHALID

Aunt Sofia had just left for her night shift while I walked back into the house only for a knock to stop me from sitting down. I frowned before walking back to the door, immediately I opened it, my frown slipped into a big smile.

"Hey."

"Hi," she greeted before pushing me out of the way, I shook my head before closing the door.

"How was the photoshoot?" I inquired before joining her on the chaise lounge as I stared at her pretty and glowing face, she looked exceptionally beautiful today.

"Fine, Sugar Boy just sent one of his drivers to drop Moye in her school and the stupid girl didn't even allow me to go with her, at least once, I don't even know the location of her school gan," she lamented

I chuckled while Kikiope glared at me.

"Is that why you look annoyed?"

She shrugged," Obviously, anyway, I'm hungry, what do you have at home?"

I opened my palms widely, "Nothing."

She lifted her brows, "You're joking right?"

"I'm not, I didn't know you were coming na."

"Your sixth sense didn't tell you abi," she sneered and I laughed.

"Aunt Sofia prepared Pounded Yam and Vegetables before leaving but it's my dinner."

She eyed me before ambling towards the kitchen, I smiled before following suit.

"It's my dinner, so, you can't eat it," I told her.

She turned back, "Then you'll have dinner at my place, so, where is it?"

"It'll be enough actually," I admitted.

She dashed me a scowl, "Serve me then," she walked out of the kitchen even before I could respond.

I smiled before serving the food, on getting to the living room, she was already seated on the dining chair with her legs crossed and her arms folded beneath her bosom.

"Here is your food ma," I joked as I dropped the food in front of her before giving a playful bow.

"Good job," she ruffled her hands through my hair and I slapped it away.

"That's not how you treat your madam oo," she joked before washing her hands.

"In your wildest dreams," I pulled out the chair beside her, and she looked at me.

"Are you eating too?"

"Of course," I washed my hands and dipped my hand into the food even before she could protest.

She eyed me before joining me and as we ate the food amidst discussion, Abimbola barged in, Oh my goodness, why didn't I lock the door?

"You didn't have to show that you're a stray dog," Kikiope uttered before picking up her meat.

"What are you doing here?" Abimbola shouted before walking up to me.

"Is that a question?"

Abimbola pulled out the chair beside me, "Oh, I understand, my dad doesn't give you allowance again and your good-for-nothing mother is still looking for customers to seduce."

Immediately the words got out of Abimbola's mouth, Kikiope poured the dirty water on her.

Abimbola gasped, "Are you okay? Khalid, can you see what your friend did to me."

I shrugged, "You deserve it."

Kikiope flashed me a smile.

"What do you mean? Are you taking her side over mine again, it isn't crime enough that she visited you and she's eating your food like a beggar, now, you're taking her side," she shouted and I had to move back.