chapter 23

KIKIOPE

"I can't believe Bella is contesting," Bimpe turned to me as we dropped our chairs on the floor, currently, we were on the assembly, the one being used while the real assembly was being renovated.

"That girl doesn't know her place at all," Doyin chided as we all settled down to watch the beauty contest. It was a Tuesday and the second day in our Founder's day celebration, the contest was to determine Mr and Miss JANU.

Though many people expected JANU Icons to contest, but we weren't cut out for that, without the position of the Mr or Miss, we were still the most popular students so, contesting for the post doesn't appeal to us.

"This place has a better view than the real assembly ground," Bimpe pointed out.

"Yeah," Doyin and I replied simultaneously.

"Wow, it's Kiki," some students chanted while smiling at us and waving.

I exchanged looks with my friends and they shrugged. Ever since Moye and I had modelled for D&L cosmetics, I'd become popular and everyone wanted to associate with us, yesterday was even the funniest because it was the first time I appeared in school after the photoshoot.

I gave them a small smile before looking away.

"You don blow oo," Bimpe teased as she nudged my shoulders.

"You're now a celebrity," Doyin added and I smiled before turning to the front but my eyes met with Jubilee.

"Why are you staring at me?" Jubilee queried as she scowled at me.

"What will I stare at in you, is it your ugly face or your fake chest?"

She glared daggers at me before looking away as Abimbola smiled at her. Abimbola and Nnena had also attached themselves to Jubilee just like the other girls too, I don't even understand why they're clinching gan, it's not like the girl is a celebrity or something.

"That Jubilee is even feeling herself," Bimpe said with disgust evident in her tone.

"Who is Jubilee?" Doyin questioned.

I turned to her, "She's the new girl in our class."

Doyin clapped, "Oh, the one that is all over the school, D'la's daughter right?"

"Yeah," Bimpe and I replied simultaneously.

"It's just funny how she became so popular."

"Should we make her unpopular? I don't like her vibes though," Bimpe suggested and I waved it off.

"Leave her jare as far as she doesn't overstep her boundary, it's fine."

"I agree," Doyin concurred.

"The contestants aren't wearing nice clothes gan, anyway, I want to go to the toilet," Bimpe stood up.

"Me too," Doyin added as she rose too.

"I'll go with you guys then," I stood up, and we all walked to the toilet amidst different talks, while Doyin got out of the toilet, Bimpe still stayed in.

"Are you giving birth nii?" I shouted.

"Yes," Bimpe responded before opening the door.

"Let's go jare, staying in this toilet alone is suffocating me," Doyin proceeded to leave but Bimpe stopped her.

"There's something you guys need to see here, I kept myself busy in here by reading them and it sounds interesting," Bimpe announced.

Doyin and I shared a look before following Bimpe's lead as we walked into the toilet.