chapter 37

KIKIOPE

It was a bright Thursday,  the day for the primary election for the prefect post whereby each candidate would be called in to get interviewed by some teachers, and then they would vote.

"It's your turn," Abimbola said belligerently immediately she got out of the staff room, the idiot didn't back down from contesting for the Social Prefect girl.

I nodded before turning to my friends, "I'll go in now."

"Okay, make sure you answer all the questions correctly oo," Abee said and I smiled. He'd decided to go for the Chief Comportment officer boy while Kunmi finally agreed to go for Senior Prefect post though Bimpe had been threatening him.

"Even if she doesn't, it's not like they have any other person," Kunmi pointed out.

"There's a cockroach praying it won't happen oo," Bimpe snickered as she pointed at the glaring Abimbola while the others laughed. Khalid wasn't here so far he wasn't running for any prefect position rather he was nominated as the SRC Chairman so also Doyin, their own election would be on the field.

"Okay sha," I laughed before walking into the staff room.

"Kikiopefoluwa Ademidun right?" Aunty Flourish asked.

"Noo, Flourish Omoge," I mumbled to myself before nodding, without waiting for any of their response, I sat down in front of the panel of judges that consisted of Mr. Adeyoyo, Aunty Flourish, Miss Grace, Mr. Nelson, Stone face and Ìyá Ìbón.

Why on Earth will Ìyá Ìbón be there? Not like she could ask anything reasonable, I just hope she doesn't make me laugh throughout Sha.

"We don't even need to interview her, she's the only potential candidate," Miss Grace voiced out and I smiled at her.

"But we interviewed the other person, and she passed, so, we should interview her too," Stone face countered and I rolled my eyes. So, the foolish Abimbola escaped the primary election Sha.

"I agree," Ìyá Ìbón added.

"Why won't you agree?" I muttered.

"So, looking at her records, she has been on top of her class and is among the best students in her set, she was also the social Prefect girl back in junior school, so, that's settled," Mr. Adeyoyo said as he flipped through the book in front of him.

"There are two of you contesting for this post, why should we choose you?" Stone face asked.

I resisted the urge to roll my eyes before mumbling, "You can ask Google."

"What did you say?" Aunty Flourish asked.

I adjusted my sitting position before plastering a fake smile on my face, "I said I'm a very social girl, as you all know, I've represented the school in lot of singing and dancing competitions, I helped the last Social Perfect girl during her reign which was successful, I organize the class parties in my class, after exams, I make sure the school is fun, I..."

"That's enough," Mr. Adeyoyo said and I nodded.

They kept on asking their stupid questions for some minutes before I left the staff room after they'd announced I passed, not like they have any other choice though.

"So, how was it?" Bimpe asked.

"It was fine jare, just that Stone face was trying to look for a fault in me."

"Hope you didn't allow him to?" Kunmi asked and I shook my head.

"Better," Abee gave me a thumbs up and I smiled in return.