Chapter 30

Kylie's POV

I'm sleeping. It's a strange feeling to know you are dreaming in your dreams. It's also strange how I don't dream, and I'm completely aware of what's going on around me since I sleep lightly.

I could feel my body slowly lose feeling and strength when I peeled my eyes open "Hello again" A familiar guy stood over me with a smile. I tried to speak but I had no control over my jaw "You probably shouldn't try talking since its practically no use. A thousand apologies, but I had to do it to make sure you couldn't push that button of yours" I frowned at him until he realized I had no idea who he is.

"Right, memory loss. My name is Nate, and I am blessed to be part of your life; meaning I don't want to hurt you" he looked at his watch "The serum should only work for about five minutes. I just didn't want to freak you out, you know? I mean climbing into your window would be really creepy but still" I continued to stare at him "These are jokes people" he smiled softly.

"Leave her alone Nate, your jokes are horrible" Nate laughed, a genuine smile on his face "Don't be ridiculous harry, I'm hilarious" I looked over by the corner to see him casually leaning against the open window, a lazy smile on his lips. "Hello" he said slowly in a deep tone "Kylie".

His eyes roamed my face so intensely I looked away with heated cheeks. "Okay, so we need to know if jakes is going to come in at all tonight. Blink once for yes blink twice for no" Nate waited for me to blink but I just stared at him. "Come on Kylie, we're not going to hurt you. We would have done it by now if we were" I continued to stare.

"Kylie" said Harry still leaning against the window, the breeze ruffling his curls "Do you have any questions for me?" I stared at him but blinked once. "Good, because I have some for you. But we need to know how much time we have with you first" I blinked again. "Is Jake coming tonight?" I blinked twice. Harry smiled "Thank you Kylie" I continued to stare at him but felt my finger twitch.

Harry kept his eyes on my face "Nate, I told you the serum wouldn't last" "I gave her the biggest dose" "She's a fighter " Harry smiled still staring at me. I'm amazed he saw my hand even though he was staring so deeply into my face.

"Will anyone else be coming in" I blinked once. My jaw started to release its tense cramp it was stuck in. "Ugh. Why do you people always turn to drugs to try to keep someone calm?" I snapped "It usually works" Nate said shrugging his shoulders. I looked at him and frowned, he looked like someone I should know and it made my chest feel heavy.

"Did I say something?" Nate said looking sorry. "No I just-" I looked to Harry "Jesse comes in at least twice to check up on me if I don't wake up the nurses from my nightmares" Harry pushed off the wall concerned "You still have them? Is it the same?"

I looked at Nate who slapped the palm of his hand to his forehead "Dude" "What? I didn't say anything" "I told you we have to start slow" "She mentioned them so she still has them, I'm just asking about them" "No, you asked-" there was knocking on the door.

Harry ran to the side of my bed in a crouch and I pointed to the bathroom where Nate ran into "Who is it?" I rushed out "Jesse" I looked at Harry who nodded "Come in" he opened the door with a smile that turned into a frown "It's freezing in here Kylie" I looked at the open window but didn't feel the breeze "It was getting hot in here, but it feels nice" "I'll close it" he started to the window on the side where Harry was crouched "No!" Jesse looked at me with a frown "I-um want it open for a few more minutes".

Jesse nodded his head and went back to my left hand side of the bed while Harry crouched to my right "Did you have any nightmares tonight?" He grabbed my hand gently "no I haven't slept yet" I felt my face get hot.