Chapter 23

Harry's POV

I walked into my front door in a rush, searching. It was dark and eerily quiet. "Home so soon?" came my fathers voice.

I took a deep breath and glanced at my watch, it read 1:53 am. "I was out" i replied casually, following his voice to the living room where i could see his shadow in the massive chair he often sat in.

"Out?" he repeated in a humored tone. "Out doing what exactly?" he asked more serious "Work" i said now stopping in front of his chair. He gave me a hard stare and flipped a switch that turned on the fire place.

I could see his face more clearly now. My eyes adjusting to the dancing flame. "Oh, really?" he said with a darkening smile, making my hairs stand. "Because i was under the impression you were making a fool out of me with that stupid girl!" i flinched at his rising voice and harsh tone, biting my tongue for the better.

There was a few moments of silence as my father gazed at me, he calmed his expression before calmly and cooly responding in a cold tone "Your done" i stiffened immediately "What? Father!" he held up his hand, silencing my cries. "I warned you but you kept at it" he shook his head at me

"But father, if you would just understand. I need her, i'm getting more and more information off of her that we can use to-"

"Enough. You are removed from your mission" I shook my head, trying to stand my ground "Please, father. Just give me-" "I've given you enough!" he said with disgust in his voice.

"You have failed" i stood in shock "Pack your things, i have another mission for you" he said raising his glass to his lips and took a long small sip of the gold liquid. "And hopefully" he said scowling at me "You wont make a mess out of this one" he waved his hand into the air to dismiss me. I walked away without a word, my hands clenched at my sides.

I reached Jesse's room in seconds and walked in without knocking, letting it slam behind me. "Sure, you can come in" he said his voice dripping in sarcasm. He sat on his bed in front of his laptop, typing without a pause, his face glued to the screen. "I'm out of the mission" he stopped and looked at me with confusion and a hint of fear "What the hell did you do?" "Nothing" i said pacing in front of his bed. "Well, clearly you did" Jesse said closing the laptop, giving me his full attention.

" I was so close, i don't know why kylie made such a difference" Jesse nodded in understanding "Thats why" "Why what?" i said pausing in front of his bed

"Why dad was asking too many questions and waiting for you like the godfather. I could hear him through the walls." "You have to help me" i pleaded "With what? I can't sneak you out of this one-wait...Oh no!" he said shaking his head while i nodded mine

"Just until i come back" "If you come back!" he said, regretting it the second the words came out. I flinched, he apologized under his breath "Listen Harry, i can't be you" "You don't have to! Just watch her until i come back" "And what if i can't? I have cases i have to do, I don't have free time. And if father found out he would ship me away with you." "Please, Jesse. You of all people should understand what it is like" I said lowly.

He faced me with a hard stare, and then slowly melted into an annoyed scowl. "Fine" i sighed in relief "Thank you"

"When are you leaving?"

"I don't know"

"Do you know where?"

"No"

"How long?"

"Nope"

"I'm afraid to ask if you even know your mission"

"Not a clue" i said taking a seat next to him.