Chapter 22

I walked through the empty halls with my head down and my eyes on the floor. I continued my walking until I looked around and had no idea where I was. I turned and walked back, hoping someone would find me roaming through random area's of the hospital. My phone vibrated in my pocket, but i didn't have the care to get it.

Everything didn't make sense, so why would I waste my time and energy to try and figure out what's wrong; something will always be wrong. My heart felt hollow in my chest, but my tears had dried; I was done.

A gentle touch on my shoulder forced me to turn "Kylie? Come on love" Harry wrapped an arm around my shoulder and lead me through double door's. "We will see her soon, I promise" I didn't reply or yell at him saying he couldn't promise things like that, because he couldn't. He couldn't promise things will be okay or that I'm going to be okay. My sister is dying, he can't promise anything. She could die at any moment and I wont be there for her, to hold her as she takes her last breath. It feels like I'm the only one who had hopes that she might live, that she will live.

Promises won't make a difference now, they can't change anything. I promised Kim she would live, but that doesn't mean she will, or that I can do anything to fix it. I didn't react to what he said, he couldn't know how I felt, so why waste my time?

Nothing felt real in my fog of pain, but I continued walking. As we exited, the crisp air surrounded us, night was coming soon; the sun already set. I watched my feet step in time with Harry's, slow and unwilling as we approached his car.

He opened the door for me and sat me in. "Do you want me to call Jake?" I nodded my head once as he took my phone from my pocket and shut my door, pacing outside. Leaving me to the deathly silence of the car, and my poisoned thoughts to keep me company.

He talked on the phone for a while, explaining what happened and then entered the car, shaking it lightly as he sat down. He sat there for a second before sighing "Jake wanted me to tell you that dinner is in the fridge, he going to go with Kim" I frowned ready to object "And..." he said waiting for me to exhale my puff of air I was waiting to use. "He will call you to see when you can go see kim too" I shook my head confused and annoyed "Why didn't he just take me now? It would have saved a trip" "I don't know but..." "But what?" I snapped, I paused trying to control my volcanic eruptions of unwanted emotions "He made me promise not to drive you"

"What?" "He asked me not to drive you and to make sure you drank your tea and went to bed. I tried to convince him to let me but he wanted you to stay here while he dealt with some things" "That's the dumbest thing I've heard and I'm not tired" i said looking out the window at the parked car's.

"I know, neither am I. We could watch a movie until you fall asleep or stay up all night. Or order your favorite pizza, or both" I sighed, taking a deep breath"I just feel like being alone right now-"

"Dammit Kylie!" I jumped, surprised at his sharp tone. I looked at him with wide eyes "Stop pushing me away, I know you're upset but I'm trying to help! Stop trying to push everyone away, stop trying to keep to yourself because it isn't working!" I narrowed my eyes at him "You think I like being alone? You think I like pushing you away?! I dont want to! But you know what happens when I get close to people? They leave, I hurt them, or they die! So sorry for being selfish, and leave me the hell alone!" I threw open my door letting it slam into the car next to us making the alarm pierce the night air.

I walked quickly towards the hospital in rage, not watching where my quick steps were taking me. I heard Harry punch something but I didn't turn, I kept walking even when I heard Harry open his door "Kylie! Im sorry! Don't run away, I'll shut up I swear. It's going to be dark soon and you can't be out here alone, let me take you home" I slowed until I was walking, then stopped. My breathing was heavy as I tried to control my racing heart. I could hear him step towards me, a steady quick rhythm, and then stopped. I hung my head down in shame, embarrassment, and sadness. He was right, of course he was right. No one deserves to live through what I have been through, to have to deal with all the trouble that follow's me. I'm a teenager. My biggest problem should be my lack of clothes and imperfect skin. I shouldn't have to deal with any of this. So I push people away, sorry? "You don't know half of it" I said shaking my head.