Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Life officially sucks.

I open the too familiar brown box and began filling it with my stuff. My room, or should I say ' the room' is empty except for the brown boxes labeled 'Kylie's stuff, DO NOT TOUCH'.

Moving is a pain in the ass. It's not like I'm not used to it, but it's still super annoying to pack and then unpack only to pack up again and again; it's dumb really.

Picking up the last of my things i look across the room for an open box, but instead of walking over I took a shot and threw my rubber band ball into the box. Missed. Ugh that's what I get for being lazy.

I walk over and reach down to pick it up and then walk to the box to drop it into the beat up square. I kneeled down to close it, folding in the flaps to keep it shut. Double the work, nice going Kylie.

I sigh, running my fingers through my long hair and looked around at the tall stacks of moving boxes and shook my head.

Ever since my mom died this 'family' has been in pieces, like really bad broken pieces that no matter how hard I tried; it just seems to slip past my fingers into nothing. I can never catch a break with all of this stress and frustration, all this mess.

I could hear the rain pounding on the wrecked roof. Matching my mood completely.

Although I enjoy a good cloudy day with a good book and coffee type of thing, too much rain equals too much water, which also equals my bad mood and untouchable mess of hair.

I grabbed a bucket to catch some of the water leaking lightly before the whole house filled with the dirty water, that once again; I would have to clean. When is this rain ever going to stop? I already filled two buckets! Two!

Pshh, I am not going to miss this at all. We move like every four- five months especially since my dad can't seem to hold a job and every time it seems to be getting worse. I swear is it really that hard?

You show up to work, do what you have to do and then you leave! You don't have to give up a lung! Only a moron can't grasp that idea, and he happens to be my dad.

I took a long look around the old dark room, that often smelled like a old wet sponge; gross, I know. The walls are stained from god knows what, and the floors don't look any better. The door looks like it might fall apart the next time someone slams it, which might be soon considering my family's short temper.

Jake walks in suddenly drawing me out of my thinking "Dad said you have 20 minutes to put everything in the moving van, we can't wait much longer"

I rolled my eyes and say "Since when does he control me or anything else in this matter"

"Ha-ha just hurry up before we leave you!" He said the last part almost down the hall knowing if he said it to my face we would have ended up wrestling. Older Brothers. Can't live with them, can't live without them, well um; alright yeah I can't.

As soon as he left I went to check on my little sister Kimmy. Taking my time I reached her door to find her trying to push a box almost as big as her full of all her stuff. "What are you doing? Do you need help?".

As I reached to help her she refused. "No!" she said pushing my hands away roughly. "Oww" I said rubbing my hand where she wacked me." I can do it by myself!" She said with her back stright and determination stuck on her face. She's so hard headed, and a pain in the butt when she wants to be.

I have no idea where she's gets it from.

"I get it from you" she said sticking out her tounge at me. Ops, I hate when I do that; like how am I the only one who can't hear myself talk out loud? When I was little it was worse, I would say whatever came to mind with out hearing myself say it out loud.