Chapter 27

'The strings they play. Chapter 6. In every game there is a clown, a victim, a puppet, the string puller, the bait, a Lone Ranger, and a seeker. Everyone of them play a role in the string pullers game. The string puller uses them as a reflection, as an identity. The string puller often has no personality, and prints themselves as someone who is easily copied. The game is more than a game to them, but it isn't meant to be permanent. The meaning of life isn't life it's self, so neither are they. To be a string puller you must have full control and power over the puppet. The puppet is everyone's guess in a scary movie of who it is and it never is who we first thought it would be. But it puts a face to the crime, which the string pullers job to make sure they do the job they are assigned to. The puppet does everything it's told because it believes what ever lies the string puller has said. The puppet is weak, gullible, and just another mask that falls. The clown is exactly what it sounds like, someone who is never taken seriously because they paint a smile over a frown that leads to their own destruction. The Lone Ranger is whom the string puller constantly keeps quarantined, and watched, often times is used as an identity to copy. The seeker is the one who sees all. What they do with what they see depends on the situation. Lastly, the victim. The victim is the whole point of the game. Victims are never chosen at random but are in fact chosen with so much precision it could make the string puller so obsessed they will resort to violence for attention. The string puller knows the victim so well they not only use the bait as an emotional drain but will also remove something abstract that matters so greatly but they don't know what it is. It could be happiness, freedom, or love; something they can't physically touch or receive.'

Harry's POV

I walked with my hands in my pocket and my head down with my hood shielding me from the snow. The salt mixed with snow crunched under my shoe as I crossed the street. I knew he was following me when I took the stairs down to the subway. People bumped into me and others without giving an glance back, packed beyond belief.

I quickly bought a ticket with cash and entered in a rush. I saw him struggling to get past the crowd as the doors began to fill with people. When I could no longer spot him I exited off the other side and hid behind a wall that held a map of the area. I peeked over and saw him in the cart searching the bystanders faces. I waited until the cart began to leave to go back up the stair and cross the street again to the public library. When I entered it was a blast of warmth and bright lights.

The librarian greeted me "Hello styles, visiting that book again, are you?" "As usual Rose" I gave her a wink and she laughed, returning to her work. I crossed over the room to the middle isle and pulled the book out of the corner where the other books hid it. I sat down and began to read. "The strings they play. Chapter 6"

Kylie's POV

I finished the book.

I could not believe what I was reading. I'm not sure if it was a fictional work or his preach of what kind of world we live in. I, however had changed my perspective on a lot of things while reading that book. For one, I think that story is about me, or my situation is more like it. But who played the bait or Lone Ranger, I had no clue. I became very aware of who around me actually watched me or was just casually glancing my way.

I will admit I became a bit paranoid. But the memory fades won't stop, and the notes I find are just increasing. It's winter break right now and I have finally caught up with my classes and now I have a couple of weeks to relax. Except I'm not relaxing, in fact I'm freaking out. I haven't received a threat or text message or phone call in a very long time, too long. My neck still aches but I don't know why, and I wake up with the worst head aches. I googled the author and book but nothing came up, I even searched it up at the library and it didn't exist. I keep the book hidden at all times, I'm scared someone might take it and I will never see it again.