Chapter 32

Kylie's POV

Small things came to my realization every time I blinked. Darkness drowned the halls. Blood covered the floor. My body felt cold.

"My name is Lauren" two breaths "I'm bleeding to death" two breaths "But I'm still alive".

I blink my eyes open "I'm being hunted because I know a secret." I nod my head at the memory "I know his body count" I look around dizzy "I was created to kill, but I will die saving the last of my family" I manage a smile, I sound more sane out loud.

I see black for a few seconds and then I hear a voice, calling my name. Someone touches my face "Lauren?" I blink away my tears "Harry?" My heart takes a breath. He looks at me concerned "Your okay?" He helps me sit up and puts pressure on my stab wound, it's already numb.

"What are you doing? Your supposed to be with Nate!" I mumble over my heavy breaths "I woke up, but I couldn't leave you. He's getting our transportation" he smiles to me

"We're leaving Lauren! And you won't have to worry about Jesse or anyone. We can be together, you and me."

"I know his secret" I whisper. "That doesn't matter-" "He planned on killing you Harry, before this big mess. You, and your father. He wanted the business, but your father was catching on and had him sent away for your safety. But I brought him back, I knew what he needed. He took my memories from me once he confided to me. He ruined what was left of my family. He's controlling, violent, and hates you for loving me, and me loving you. We can never be safe, as long as we are together. I won't let him kill you, go." tears slip down my cheek.

"Look at me" he tilts my chin up " I won't let him hurt you anymore" I smile. It would be so easy to go with him. To just leave this mess behind. My mind screams to let him go, but I nod my head and whisper "Let's go" I reach up to stroke his cheek.

My vision goes blank for a second and I blink. I see my hand stroking the air in front of me and I sob silent tears. Another thing I realized : what I was seeing was not trust worthy.

My head felt extremely heavy and hard to keep up. I felt my will to stay slip and weaken. Soon I couldn't hold my head up and I slouched trying to keep pressure on the wound but it was pointless. I'm not going to survive, so why prolong it?

I took a few deep breaths, feeling my body loosen when I felt someone grab my foot and drag me down the hall. I was too weak to open my eyes. I was too weak to try to stop them. I was too weak to even try.

"Jesus" a groan "your heavier then I expected". They opened a door and tried to help me stand but my body was limp and useless so they continued to drag me in. I heard her heels and smelled her perfume "Oh my god! You found her!" I heard Olivia's voice and felt hands on my wound, working at the ripped skin.

I felt needles and liquids biting my skin, but I had no control over my body. "She was alone, I think they left her" Madison's voice had no emotion. "No, Nate and especially Harry would not leave her to die" Olivia sounded sure, not a drop of doubt in her voice.

"Where are they then?" Madison challenged. Olivia was stitching my stab wound tightly "Probably on their way so keep an eye out" Madison paced next to me "I don't know what the big fuss is, she's just a girl"

"Jesse wants her alive so shut up and help me" Olivia tone was cold and harsh like I've never heard it before. Just the sound of Jesses name made me want to throw up, and that fact that she was saving me for Jesse made me cry even as I lay paralyzed in fear. I felt her tug my open flesh together with no hesitation or remorse. With no pain killers I felt my skin go cold at the lack of blood.

I was screaming in my head, but even thinking made me exhausted."Where is Jesse?" Madison asked in a board tone but Olivia went on guard "You don't need to know, just do your job and you'll get paid" she snapped then continued to stitch my wound close.