Part 7: The Clash

Finally a solid day off and I was actually able to rely on Mabel to stay and work today because she, Grenda and Candy were hanging around and making her day less dull, she may be older but Mabel had her childish days that were reminders of those days long gone now. I had put on my tech shirt per usual, covering my arms and soon placing a plaid button up short sleeve to just look less like I was trying to show off my body considering how tight these tech workout shirts were. 

Passing by the local tire shop and gas station, I waved to the owner who sat outside on his rocking chair, the man always was kind enough to wave but only really talked if you shopped. I made way towards the Mall with haste as I just wanted to skip any reunions that might make the guys think I ditched them.

Just past the food court by the fountains, I wave over to the group as everyone throws up their arms say for Robbie as they see me. Tambry making her way last as Lee and Nate almost tackling me as their arms went over my shoulders and binding me a bit while their free hands ruffle my hair suddenly until I pull away in a quick escape with a shocked expression, mostly stunned from the sudden greeting as I smirk some and they chuckle at each other. " What's up Dip! " They say in unison before I shrug and find Tambry beside me a moment later giving my arm a sucker punch as she smirks at me some.

" Dang Dipping sauce, you turned into a real boy eh? " Teasing me as Robbie likely encouraged her to before I sighed and rolled my eyes before smiling back.

" I am good guys, but yes I grew up, had to happen at some point or else somebody would have had too much fun on my account. " Teasing them all with that one as I soon nudge Tambry gently in return before walking up and giving a fist bump to Lee and Nate as Lee punches my shoulder in a playful shove.

" Right? So how long are you here for? The summer again? " Robbie was reaching out to say something before I replied before he could do such.

" Nah I might be staying for good. Get college handled and maybe find a part time job... bet I'm the only one without a car now eh? " Lee and Nate would look at each other before Tambri laughed out and stood beside me to look at the two. 

" Oh no... you see these two have the worst time picking their dream car. So I have to shuttle them everywhere when we stop and relax. Swear they are useless. " Taunting the two I can only snicker a bit before I  reach up to rub my forehead for a moment, brushing my hair back over my birthmark to hide the mark still before Robbie joined us and laid his arms over his friend's shoulders.

" Ok so enough making fun of the beatniks. Now I think there is plenty for us to do today. This place just got a full theatre... I say we get some popcorn, candy and Pitt Colas, and enjoy either a really bad movie, or something mainstream, of course... Down with the man! " Robbie raising his fist like how he might have done back in the day, making us all laugh while Tambry took me by the arm and threw me into the other three as we all laughed out and tried to ruffle one another's hair for a moment before Lee slips out this time.

" Ok ok! I know it's short now but I still have a sensitive scalp. " We can't help but hold in laughter before Lee smiled wide knowing he was just joshing us to enhance the good time. Soon though I was frozen in my tracks as another voice calls out from behind.

" Can't leave you guys alone for ten minutes without you trying to ruin our hangout spots. " Wendy stood on the far side of the fountain while I was beside Robbie and Nate, Lee between us all and soon turning to face her as he steps out of the way and exposes the fact I am there as her smiling casual expression turns to confusion while looking to Robbie, who soon steps out from between me and Nate and lifts his arms.

" Wendy! Perfect you came! Alright the ghost band is back together again! Right! " Though he looked around, Tambry was the only other person not smiling. Looking to me I shook my head to her and then she looks to Wendy who was annoyed to say the least, walking around Robbie to speak up to her.