Part 37: A Night

" It looks like this world didn't need a Super Man, just a brave one. " I had seen this episode a hundred times, the alien savior mourning the loss of a simple cop, maybe not as simple everyone may see him as. I couldn't see it clearly, but black and white was better than nothing right now. The glasses were working to a degree but honestly it was rough feeling like I was stuck in the fifties.

" Hey Dipper, what do you say to hot wings and celery? I know it's a bit plain but I think we can go with simple for today. " Wendy walked into her room where I was resting, carrying a bowl of popcorn and two bottles of Pitt that were nice and chilled. As I took off the glasses, I felt that cool chill hit my neck and if it weren't for the fact fall was well underway I might even have enjoyed it a little.

" H-hey! " I laughed out as my eyes closed almost instinctively because of the darkness without the glasses. " Playing dirty now eh? " I reach out for the drink but like usual she keeps it out of my reach. I simply laughed along with her before I felt her lips and kissed her in return, figuring out her game now.

" Of course, not like you haven't been teasing me, using that handicap as a ploy. " It was true, I was having my fun, time had been kind in allowing me and her time to just enjoy each other for a few days at a time while spending a few days working when she was. Winter was approaching in just about a month and around here that meant almost constant snow.

" Ok ok you got me, not like you've complained... Oh god you aren't like secretly hating me deep down are you? " I felt a small drop in my gut made me remember stories of things like this happening. Of course I was met with a laugh and a small poke on my nose that made me almost shiver from how soft the touch felt.

" You dweeb. I have felt more willing to give you all of me, just as you have always given me everything about you. " A slow gentle touch along my cheek would leave me calmed in a heartbeat as always.

" You're right, I just... I just always keep picturing this will go wrong, that I'll lose more and more. " A shiver in my voice would hide nothing about those fears, but she kept her hand caressing my cheek. Soon a gentle Shhh from her lips leaves me smiling more so.

"" No matter what they throw at me, I won't let them win! " " Wendy's voice mocked my own, taunting the phrase I spoke to her when we almost had the Shacktron built. I shake my head and plant a soft kiss into her palm while holding her hand in my own.

" Thanks Wendy... " I pause for a time, getting and giving small kisses to and from Wendy, just being our little love dove selves before I am pulled into her lay to rest, some reason she like to pet my hair and cuddle me like this more often than not. " So.... Wings? " I inquired, showing I had calmed back down and was ready to return to our day.

When we cooked, I often did the simple things like wash the lettuce, rinse the meat, whatever I could since the glasses didn't do well aimed down. I had rinsed the chicken wings and celery, I was saved from overpouring the ranch by Manly Dan who just let it glob into the bowl like we were going to use it exclusively in every bite.

" Looks like you needed a hand! " His usual booming voice was always amazing, but heck if it didn't hit harder now.  " So you two are hanging out again. You better be treating her right little Pine. " Somehow I felt like I was one sharp axe away from becoming a chair every time he called me that.

" Dad come on, you need to stop. " Wendy's voice somewhat laughing through her words, knowing as I do now he was just tugging my leg. " He's been a perfect gentleman. " I feel her bump my hip before hugging my waist and pecking my cheek, turning back to the sauce and wings she was cooking up and mixing between each swap out.

" Haha ok. Me and the boys are heading into town, new flick at the picture show. Boys called it the Wylder cut? " Wendy and me would just smile and she was still able to roll her eyes.