10. Dates

Next chapter! (I can't believe I wrote it.) Enjoy! :)

-----------------

He takes me to a small dinner, it’s warm enough to sit outside. Now sitting across him and the menus in our hands I get caught staring at him. I didn’t even realize I was. My thoughts had started drifting. 

“What are you thinking about?” Xavier asks with a smile.

I smile, “The twins.”

“They are fine with Ryan.”

“I know. I was thinking about their grandparents. Angel asked if we’re going to go visit them soon. They miss them.”

“I know they do, but we couldn’t do anything. Even though it’s a difficult lesson to learn so young they know everyone eventually leaves.”

“Yes…I don’t like seeing them sad.”

“I know love.”

“We should take them to visit their graves this weekend.”

“If that’s what you think we will. We can take tomorrow after we pick them up or later.”

“Tomorrow would be good.”

“Okay.”

The waiter comes to take our orders.

“Is there a special reason for this date?” I ask.

“No, I wanted to bring you out on a date.”

I give him a smile. It has been a while since we’ve had time alone.

“Are we going somewhere after dinner?”

Xavier smiles, “We are going dancing.”

“You remembered last time I danced?” I ask.

“Yes, but I’ll make sure you don’t suffer. I’ll keep a closer watch.”

I shake my head, “If you think you can prevent any trips or falls.”

“I’ll be your knight.”

I smile, “what am I?”

“Your my handsome man in distress.”

“I don’t like that title.”

“Only tonight while dancing. It’ll be fun.”

I know he likes dancing, but I don’t enjoy it that much. I tend to trip at some point. I can make the effort to enjoy it, since we don’t go often. I smile.

After dinner we go to a club, it’s still early, so it isn’t as loud as it would be. I’m thankful for that. I don’t like seeing people drunk. As soon as we step inside Xavier leads me to the dance floor. Fortunately, for me they are playing a rarely slow song. It’s easy enough for me to dance to. He places a hand on my waist and grabs my hand, I place my other hand on his shoulder. He starts leading me. We start moving closer to each other. He brings my other hand to wrapped around him as he moves his other hand to my waist. He brings us closer. I’m getting lost in his eyes. He is happy. 

“You are dancing.” He says with a smile.

“Because of you.” I respond giving him a quick kiss.

“I like this.” Xavier says.

“I do too.” I whisper.

A faster song begins and more people have joined us on the dancing floor. He turns me around and presses his body against mine, his hands on my hips, he guides me to the rhythm. Feeling his body this close and the music is making me too sensitive. I can feel his body’s heat. He leans down to kiss the side of my mouth. I turn to him with a smile. He must see something because he turns me around and claims my mouth in a heated kiss. My arms go around his neck and his hands grab my waist pulling me as close as he can. He breaks the kiss and starts guiding me again. This time the movements are more sensual. I can feel his excitement. I don’t think we’ll be spending much time here. His eyes, they are full of desire.