7. Adventure

The next part is here at long last. Enjoy.

------------------

The months go by quickly, Oriel and Evelin insist on a bachelor weekend getaway and so they drag us to a house in the woods. How they think this is perfect I have no idea. I just hope my imagination doesn’t run wild and that we’re not stuck here. 

“I can’t believe that I’ll be married in a week.” I say.

“Yup, you will be the first to marry!” Oriel exclaims.

“So what are we doing?” I ask taking a seat on the couch.

“We are going for a walk, we’ll build a fire, and camp outside!” Oriel exclaims.

“That better be a joke.” I state.

“Of course not.” Oriel responds.

“It is.” Kyle states, “I hope part of it is at least.”

“Which part?”

“The camping outside.” Maylee responds. 

“Okay, I can deal with the walk and fire.” I respond. “What else are we doing this weekend? I want an answer. I don’t like being dragged out here and not know what we’re doing.”  

“Patience, Mr. Groom.” Oriel responds.

“I’m not one yet.”

“Just go get ready and you all too.” Oriel commands.

“Yeah, yeah. Any restrictions on the dress code?” 

“No just clothes that you’ll be comfortable outside.”

“Okay.” 

“Okay, everyone let’s get moving!” Oriel exclaims.

“Is there going to be a surprise at the end of this wherever journey we’re going?”

“Oh there is.” Evelin says.

“What?” I ask.

“We’re not telling! Let’s hurry, the sooner we get there the faster you’ll learn.” Oriel says quickening his pace.

What could they have planned in the middle of the woods? Hopefully, it doesn’t involve sleeping under the stars like Oriel and Evelin so much enjoy.

“Ky, what’s the surprise?”

“I have no idea.”

“He doesn’t know, so that he couldn’t tell you when you asked.” Maylee says.

“Yup, because we all know he would have caved and told you.” Oriel adds capturing Kyle’s gaze.

“A clue?” I ask.

“Nope.”

“A tiny itty bitty one?”

“Nope and nope.”

“Why can’t you tell me?”

“Hmm, let me think because maybe you would have ran the opposite direction.”

“That doesn’t make me feel good about whatever it is. It’s supposed to be fun. Is it fun?”

“Of course it is. We wouldn’t have planned it if it wasn’t.”

“That’s what I’m afraid. You planned it.”

“Hey, we’re your friends and you love us so so much.” Oriel responds with a grin.