16. Developments

Enjoy! :)

----------------------

Wednesday morning, I glance at the clock and see it’s seven, Oriel will be here in two hours. I get up to get some last minute things ready. I make breakfast and go wake up the twins. Angel recovered quickly from the fever and both of them have been symptom free this past two days. I make sure they still are. Then, we head to the kitchen and find Xavier there serving the food. 

“Morning, love.” Xavier says. “Morning, twins.”

“Morning.”

“Morning dad.”

“Let’s eat.”

“When are we leaving?” Angel asks.

“In about two hours.” I respond.

“I’m excited to see Kyle!” Angel exclaims.

“Me too. I want to see the beach.” Celestine adds.

“You will.” I say.

“Eat.” Xavier says. “We still need to shower and change.”

“Yes, dad.” Both the twins respond.

After breakfast we go shower and change, move out suitcases near the door, with a few minutes to spare we sit on the couch to wait for Oriel. When the doorbell rings Angel zooms out of the living room. 

“Angel, slow down. We must check who’s at the door.”

“I know dad. Hurry up!”

“I’m going.” I respond.

I open the door and as soon as Angel sees that it’s Oriel he jumps on him and says, let’s go.

“You’re excited, Angel.”

Angel nods, “It’s our first vacation! Can we go now?”

“Yes, we can.” Xavier responds having joined us.

“Okay, let’s go. We don’t want to be late.” Oriel says. “It might make you miss the plane.”

“Right dad, we’re not?” Celestine asks.

“No, we won’t. Oriel is just teasing.” Xavier responds.

“Okay, so grab your bags. Is Rocky taken care off?” Oriel asks.

“Yes, he’s staying with Ryan. He came to pick him up, yesterday.” I respond.

Oriel nods, “Need help with the suitcases?”

“No, we have them. Thanks.”

“So are you going to pick us up on Sunday night?”

“Of course, I will. I think I’ll bring Alex with me. We’ll take his car.”

“Okay, how is he doing?”

“He’s doing great…he asked me if I want to move in together.” Oriel responds.

“That’s great. Are you going to?”

“Isn’t it too soon?”

“Oriel if you feel it’s right then you should. Stop worrying about how long you’ve both dated.”

“I know, but—”

“No, but if you feel it’s right just go for it and anyways you both spend time at each other’s houses.”

“Yes.” Oriel responds. “Hmm, so what do you think, should we find a new place or move into one of the apartments?”

“That’s for you both to discuss.”