9. Friends

After such a long wait here is the next chapter! Enjoy!

--------------------

“How is it going?” Kyle asks.

“It was busy with the twins starting school.”

“Did either of them cry?”

“No, though they didn’t want me to leave, but I told them I couldn't stay in their class.”

“Aww, that’s cute. I’m assuming that Xavier had already left for his trip.”

“Yes, he couldn’t postpone it.”

“He should have sent someone else for him.”

“He said he had to personally go.”

“Yes, but it would have been good to be there for their first day of school. Those are the things parents shouldn’t miss. They do grow so fast.”

“How do you know?” I ask teasingly. 

“I have you as an example.”

I smile. “Yes, but what are we going to do? They do grow too fast. Celestine already wants to dress herself. She doesn’t want my help. Angel at least lets me still pick out his clothes.”

“I bet she does. She might have more sense of fashion.”

“I have a sense of fashion. I’ve been dressing her all of this time.”

Kyle smiles, “You have. Always matching them both for every occasion even though they would outgrow the outfit too quickly.”

“What? They are twins and it made them look extra cute.”

“Yes, that it did.”

“They should be waking up any moment. Then, you can ask them about school. They have a lot to tell you. Angel kept asking when you were coming over.”

“I meant to come earlier, but I had work. Hmm, I also have something to tell you all. It’s kind of good and bad depending on how you see it.”

“What is it?”

“I got a promotion at work, but it requires me to move at the end of the month.”

“That’s great. Congratulations! Where?”

“To California.”

“So far away.”

“Yes. It is. You all will have to visit me.”

“Yes, we will. We will miss you.”

“And I will miss you and the whole family, especially the twins. They are my favorite kids.”

I smile, “Just because you have none of your own nor do any of our other friends have any.”

“Might be. Though, they’ll always be my favorite twins.”

“I think I hear them. You should tell them about you moving.”

“Yes.”

We stop talking and listen to the twin’s steps as they make their way down from their room to the kitchen. Angel comes in followed by Celestine.

“Good morning dad and Kyle!” He says going towards Kyle and giving him a hug.

“Now I see who you love more.” I say crossing my arms.

“Daddy, I love you.” Celestine comes to me. “Good morning Kyle.”

“There you go you still have her love.” Kyle says chuckling.