23. Games

Next chapter! Enjoy. That's all :).

—————————

"Dad, you're home." Angel says as we see Xavier on the couch.

"Yes, I'm home." Xavier responds. "Hi everyone."

"How long have you been here?" I ask.

"I wanted to surprise you all with dinner." He responds. "I see you went shopping."

"Yes, we bought some clothes." I respond.

"Dad, are you staying?" Celestine asks.

"Of course, baby girl." Xavier says to her. "Are you all hungry?"

"I am." Kyle responds making me turn to him.

He bought us all snacks at the mall and he's saying he's hungry.

"Not really, we bought some snacks. Can we eat in half an hour?"

"Yes, that's fine." Xavier responds turning towards our children. "So tell me, Angel, Celestine, how was ice skating? I saw the photos your dad sent me."

I smile as they start talking at the same time. I join them on the sofa, Celestine comes to sit by me as Angel sits on Xavier's lap. 

"Hey, remember one at a time, so that dad can hear both of you." I remind them. 

They nod and begin to tell him how they liked it. When they are done, they ask when can we go again, so that they can see Xavier ice skate.

"But I'm not very good at ice skating." Xavier states.

"But daddy will hold your hand until you want to let go like he did with me." Angel explains.

"He will, right." Xavier says looking at me, "So should we go tomorrow?"

"Yes, dad!" Celestine exclaims. "You have to take photos, daddy."

"I will take some photos." I reply. "Especially, if dad falls." I say teasingly. 

"Kids, I think daddy wants me to fall." Xavier says.

"It's funny." Angel says. "Alex fell."

"Oh, did he." Xavier asks.

"Yes, daddy, he made Oriel fall too." Celestine adds.

"Okay, that makes me feel better in case I fall tomorrow." Xavier says smiling. 

"Yay, we are going ice skating tomorrow!" Celestine exclaims.

"Kyle, we're going ice skating tomorrow." Angel says running off to find Kyle, who I assume went to his bedroom. Celestine follows calling Rocky to her.

"Is Kyle coming along with us tomorrow?" Xavier asks.

"No, he'll be visiting his family before he takes his flight at night."

"Oh."

"Yup, so today's his last stay here."

"Did you want to go somewhere after dinner?"

"No unless you want to. I was thinking just a movie or game with the family."

Xavier nods, "Either one sounds perfect."

"Good because I'm too tired to do anything else. The twins were really energetic today, we spend the majority of the day at the park before going shopping."

"I'm glad then that I prepared dinner."

"Thanks."