34. New Life

Things will get better.

-----------

I stiffen as Kyle hugs me, it takes me a second to return the hug. I have to remind myself that he is a friend. Ky notices, but he doesn't comment, thankfully. He gives a hug to the twins before he helps me with the luggage.

"I'm sure you are all tired because of the flight, so I'm treating you all to dinner." Ky says.

"What are we eating?" Angel asks.

"How about we vote, tacos, pizza, burgers, or something else?"

"I want pizza." Angel says. "Can I have garlic bread too?"

"I want tacos." Celestine says.

"And we need food for Rocky." Angel adds.

"Yes, I already bought him some food." Kyle responds.

"You gave them too many choices." I smile.

Kyle nods, "We'll go to both places and each of us gets what he or she wants."

Angel and Celestine respond enthusiastically.

I smile. "Thank you."

"You're welcome and we'll eat at home."

I nod. Home is what we will build in this new place. A job is what I need to find too, hopefully, someone calls me soon. I filled several applications as soon as I made the decision to move.

"Cristian?" Kyle says.

Nodding, I respond.

"Did you let Ryan know that you made it safely?"

"Oh, no." I reply taking out my phone. "Thanks."

"You're welcome."

We go to both restaurants and after getting our food Kyle drives to his house. We find ourselves in his two story house.

"Let's eat first. Then, you can unpack." Kyle says leading us to the living room. "We can eat here." He says.

We sit down to eat. Kyle and I distribute the food. We all end up having a bit of everything.

"What would you all like to do tomorrow?" Kyle asks.

"Can we go to the park?" Celestine asks.

"Maybe." I say. "First, we should see the area. Hmm, we should take Rocky for a walk after we are done eating."

"Yes, I imagine he needs one after being enclosed."

"Yes. I'm surprised he hasn't started running around already."

"He's hungry." Angel states. "Is there a doggy park here?"

"There should be." Kyle responds. "I'll look it up."

"He needs to make some friends." Celestine says.

"He will." I state. "And you always have your best friend with you."

Celestine nods, "Daddy is right, Angel." She states throwing her arm around Angel.

"So cute." Ky says.

"When they're not so energetic." I tease.

"Daddy you love us." Angel says.

"That I do." I smile.

After we take Rocky for a walk, Angel and Celestine are tired. I tell them to get ready for bed while I find their pajamas.

"Daddy, are you sleeping here too?" Celestine asks as she gets under the covers.