11. Together

Enjoy! :)

--------------------

“Where is Angel and Celestine?” Xavier says. “Hmm, I wonder if they’re in here.” He says as I hear him open the closet.

They are playing hide and seek while I finish putting the final touches to the meal. Our friends and family should be arriving in a hour or so.

“Where could they be? Maybe the monster got them.” He says. 

Giggling is heard from down the hall. It must be coming from Celestine. Angel chose to hide in the kitchen in one of the cabinets unknown to Xavier. I don’t know how he likes being in that close space. I will need to end the game soon if he doesn’t find them. They need to change.

I hear, Celestine exclaim,  “You found me dad!” 

“Yes, no one ate you.” Xavier responds. “Do you want to help me find your brother?”

“Yes!” Celestine responds.

“Okay, let’s go.”

“If you don’t find him soon I’m going to end the game. The twins need to change.” I say as I hear them near the kitchen.

“He’s going at hiding, dad.” Celestine tells Xavier. 

“I’m going to give you three minutes to find him or he is the winner.” I say.

“We better find him, Celestine.” Xavier says.

Celestine nods and they go back to the living room. The three minutes go by and they haven’t found Angel. 

“Time is up guys.” I call out.

“Where is he, daddy?” Celestine asks coming back to the kitchen.

“Angel come out.” I say.

He comes out of the cabinet, “You didn’t find me dad!”

“Sorry, Angel. You picked a very good hiding place.”

“Yes, I did.” Angel states.

“Okay, twins you need to go take a quick shower and change into your other clothes. Let’s go.” I say as I start leading them to the bathroom. 

An hour later we are all dressed. The twins in similar colors. It was Celestine’s idea. It made me smile. I want them to keep being close to each other as they grow up. 

“Dad, can I have a cookie?”

“No, dessert before eating.” Xavier responds.

“But it’s only one cookie.” Angel says.

“Nope, you won’t want to eat the food.”

“I will.”

“Nope, Angel, you won’t convince me.”

“Daddy, can I have a cookie.”

I smile, “No, baby. Besides it won’t be long before everyone joins us for dinner. For now we’ll watch something on TV to let the time past by.”

As our friends arrive, the twins are distracted with them. They are holding a conversation with Alex and Oriel. I wonder what they are talking about they seem so animated.

“I hope you are not influencing the twins.” I say to Oriel.

“I’m just giving them school advice.”

“That is what I mean.” I tease. “We both now how well you did in school.”

“I did do well!” Oriel responds.