14. Swimming

"I hear them coming." I tell Xavier as I cuddle closer to his body.

"Yes. We should have told them this morning, so maybe they wouldn't have woken up too early."

"Maybe."

"Dads!" Celestine comes into the room yelling followed by Angel.

"Celestine." I say.

"Yes." Xavier says.

"We're learning how to swim!" Celestine explains.

"I know." I say.

"You won't learn everything in one day, baby girl." Xavier says sitting up.

The twins climbed onto the bed.

"But we will learn something." Angel says.

"Yes, you will." Xavier says. "So come sleep. It's just six thirty in the morning. We don't have to get up until eight."

"Daddy, I don't want to sleep." Celestine responds jumping on the bed.

"Celestine don't jump. It's dangerous."

"Okay."

"And yes, lets sleep." I say.

"But I want breakfast." Angel says.

"Breakfast in a bit. A nap first." I say hugging Angel and bringing him on top of me. "Okay."

"Okay."

"You too, Celestine." Xavier says.

"I'll just lie down." Celestine says coming on my side.

She throws her arm over Angel.

"They look too cute." I whisper to Xavier.

"Yes." He smiles turning on his side.

They fall asleep after a while of lying down. When it's eight I don't want to wake them, but we have to start getting ready.

"I'll get breakfast ready." Xavier says getting up.

"Okay."

I give them a small shake; Angel moves his head and Celestine scoots closer to Angel.

"Angel, Celestine it's time to get up now. It's time to get going to learn how to swim."

"It is?" Celestine asks.

"Yes, so time to get up." I smile.

"Yes! It's time to go."

"Yes, so let's get you both into your swimsuits and then eat some breakfast."

*

"Xavier, what do you say about visiting Kyle during the twin's spring break?" I ask during a commercial break as we sit on the love seat.

"You want to visit him then?"

"Yes and I've never been to California. We could go to the beach there." I say enthusiastically.

"Okay, we can I suppose." Xavier responds reluctantly.

"Do you not want to see Kyle?"

"No, it's fine."

"He's our friend. Do you really not want to go?"

"No, it's okay. We can take a vacation out there."

"Are you sure?" I ask again trying to read him.

He nods his head yes.

"It's not like he'll be off. He'll probably be working and we'll just see him during the weekend." I add.