Chapter Forty Three

Epilogue..

The night was drizzling after the evening heavy rainfall that had brought an unsuccessful threat to the party.

It was a setting of two blue tents well shared between the adults and the kids. All are looking high spirited and gorgeous in their attires.

Gideon had shown up in a burgundy suit while Kemi came also with a remarkable match of red hat,gown and stilettos.

The kids had rather kept in between formal and casual wears while the Collins couple and Liana could also be seen in scintillating colours.

The Roberts joined minutes later and it was at the crux of the party. The pastor had said the opening prayer and a little sermon while the emcee had done his parts of welcoming the guests and putting in few jokes to lighten the atmosphere the more.

And now,it was the moment for the opening song which the kids had organised. Earnest felt the anxiety muttering in his heart as he moved up the centre stage with Morenike.

They both parted to different microphone stand and Earnest winked towards her while she nodded back at him.

Then he began with a slow,deeply sweet masculine voice,

"We are soulmates"
"Friends heavenly made"
"Joined together to spend the days"
"Those of hails and those of pains"
"Those of cheers and those of tears"

"And you remind me something"
"A kind of story"
"That marriage life is so bittersweet"
"We smile together and we shout to"
"Fights are true but they go soon"
"And all I want is just us two...

MORENIKE'S
PART....." So,I give you my whole world "
"I tell you my true words"
"I show you my sweet love"
"I give you all and all"

CHORUS."And it is a story we can share "
"Shouts and quarrels we do,yeah"
"But all is gonna be remoulded"
"Remoulded o. Remoulded o" ×2

"So I give you my whole world"
"I tell you my true words"
"I show you my sweet love"
"I give you my all and all"

"We are help mates"
"Lovers heavenly made"
"Joined together....

The song continued and a stretch of light laid towards the elegant couple. Kemi was in her biggest joy as she watched the two kids perform and then looked into her husband's alluring eyes.

" I still can't believe all happening this night"She said in a dreamy voice.

"They are real and beautiful" Gideon took a chance to chuckle at the kids again as they sing in the mild wash of the rain drizzles.

"I'm the happiest woman on earth,Gideon. I'm happy I chose you" Kemi almost screamed just as the song ebbed to an end and concurrently replaced with resounding applause before the emcee took over again.

"Me too darling. I'm forever happy I picked you above all others. You are such a sweet woman and strong enough to weather through the pains when I had foolishly left you. I'm here now to stay forever and make everyday like today." He said with undiminished assurance and drew her head closer for a kiss on her cheeks and the tip of her nose.

Then she drew in a breath of satisfaction and total belief,"I love you, oh Gideon. Till eternity "

The Collins were not too faraway. Roberts Milkoff was staring admirably at his pretty Mbaina who continued to shine in the glory of the night.

"Thank you so much,Roberts". She said as she snaked her hands across the table to link palms with him," I know it's hard to do but you actually forgave me. You are a rare man"She mellowed in the cold rain breeze.