The big announcement

The next morning before he stepped down from the bus,Earnest noticed his feelings were wrung.

There have been different chapters of his life since the outing with Daisy. He had been ordered to always clean up his room,something that had always been the usual duty of Susane. He had also screamed at a teacher and even toiled an innocent girl against a trunk.

All fateful occurrences over the span of two days. Little wonder when he tried to take in a lungful of air,the air that visited him smelled choking and ominous. A bad sign for another--- maybe bad day. He had been having bad days and today--- he was more than scared to have a worse one.

The school bell went up just as he fell into steps,prompting him to have a glance at his watch. It was fifteen minutes earlier to the morning bell. It was definitely an emergency bell. And somehow,Earnest's heart lifted to think of what might have triggered it.

Two or three minutes later, all legs were assembled at the impressive hall. All lips were also murmuring in agitation,except that of Earnest,who just kept quiet,watching the sinister smile on Ms. Dake as she stood in front of the hall.

Earnest found himself alone,anticipating with outrageous heartbeats and without his best man around to calm him. What he just noticed during the anticipation was that Daisy looked at his side once with gloomy eyes, then looked back just as the big Maxwell arrived, commanding a perfect silence in the hall.

"Good morning students" He greeted with that devilish gaze that do accompany him whenever there was an hot issue to deal with in the school.

"Morning sir" Chorused the crowd.

The man permitted an hesitation before speaking.

"We all know the do's and don't's of St. Avirns. We expect all students to be familiar with the rules and values of this great school. Even the new students were always well oriented about these rules,so it stands as a big disgrace to see one of our most reputed students tramp on the school law"

With that,the man waited again,allowing that amazement to circulate thoroughly with intermittent gasps and glances towards the suspected culprit.

"But St. Avirns is not a respecter of anyone. We uphold our rules strictly. No student is allowed to be rude to a teacher. Early this week,a student was reported to have screamed publicly at a teacher and recently the same student assaulted a fellow student. These are actions that would not escape the wrath of the school" Another pause that put all ears into eagerness to hear the bombshell.

"Earnest Williams will serve a two week suspension from school and would definitely not be leading the school for the CAAS. The school doesn't want to see Earnest Williams attend any lecture today as his suspension takes immediate effect. And lastly,he must see the school board to receive his honourable letter before leaving. Good day"

The man signed out and everyone else signed in with whoops and ha that continued to grow into cheers and mocks until Earnest suddenly found his eyes soaked up and despite a level of struggle against it,he broke down in tears in the midst of the crowd.