Chapter Eleven

Earnest quickly checked himself out as he braced for her emergence. A white short-sleeved shirt adorned with strips of purple over the shoulders and a black,well tailored trousers thrusting into the flashy wears,he finally agreed with himself that he was prepared for it.

It was his first outing with Daisy and she had picked a Saturday at the BLOOOMY,the famed orphanage at the core of Broadway. The reason for that pick was still not clear to him but he certainly has personal reasons to make it an indelible one.

It had been a long time he went on an outing with anyone,the escapade with Gideon to the bars and clubs were not reasonable enough and still it had been months it last happened. Timothy is not a fan of outings while Kemi,Susane and Mercy do the random womanly pick among themselves.

A sweet smell and the clangs of the gate announced her,a beauty set in a pink gown capped with fine,well brushed tresses.

"You look good" He glowed at her when she had locked the gate. Telling her she looks good was tactful and moderate. No exaggeration, Timothy had strictly warned.

"Thanks,I told the man I'm going for a friend's birthday party" She said,trying to justify her outfit. She wouldn't have gone so flashy for an outing to an orphanage. She had told Mr Roberts she was going for Kelly's party and she had also informed Kelly to save the lie if at all she gets a call from the man.

"Really" Earnest smiled,"That's a cute lie"

"It's rather cute insult" Daisy expected herself to go shy with that statement but for a very first time,she didn't. She felt calm and found it funny instead of the insult she had actually called it.

"So,we are ready,aren't we?" Earnest said as he steadied the bicycle. Timothy had prolonged his use of the bicycle to make everything work out.

"On the cycle again"

"You want to walk down there". It is just a thirty minutes jog to Broadway.

" I prefer a cab"That should save the minutes by a half and also save them from inquisitive eyes.

"So,what do we do with the bike?"Earnest said,not expecting her to give a response.

She lifted her shoulders in a shrug.

" Maybe we ride to Timo's and drop it off to him. We can do that"Earnest came up with the idea and she agreed by mounting the bicycle and then prayed silently that Mr Roberts was not watching them from a window.

Twenty something minutes later,they were at the BLOOMY after a little delay by Timothy. Earnest met with his first surprise after discovering awful lot of teen girls spend their Saturdays at the BLOOMY while Daisy got hers as she ran into Kate on her way to get a diaper washed. Kate briefly asked her about the talk with Mr Maxwell and then walked away after she waved it off,only to be replaced with the frustrated Earnest dangling a pair of diapers lightly between his fingers.

"What's that?" Daisy asked when she spotted the disgusting expression on his face. She was handling the diaper with her as fondly as ever.

"Is this all you girls come here to do?. Wash plates,play with kids and wash stinky diapers. Ouch" He raised the diapers closely to his nose and gave a reaction of throwing over.

"What else do you think you can do here" Daisy said with a giggle at his actions and started to move towards the laundry.

"We can just buy things for the babies and then...." Earnest found himself nagging behind her.

"You should learn how to show little care"Daisy said after she dipped the diaper into the running water.

" Not with diapers. I'm not good with babies"He fumed and dropped the diapers with him into the water also.

Daisy responded with a sassy brow raised towards him and he gave back a simmer.

"It's better we get quick out of here and find a better place" He said,still smiling mockingly at her as she did the diapers while a part of him wandered back to Timothy that it was not going to be perfect. Going to take care of babies doesn't sound a sensible option but Timothy had forced him to take it. And here he is,having to deal with babyish cries and foul smells of diapers.

"You've been here awful lot of times?" Earnest decided to talk again after she had refused to give a sound.

"Yeah,I'm kinder" She said,not soft and not angry as her actions implied.

"I agreed. With babies. With diapers" He smirked."Girls are often tender with babies things"

"You are not the only boy here, hope you know that" Daisy countered just as a teenage boy walked past them with what could be more than three diapers to be washed.

Earnest's lips hung in horror.

"You see that" Daisy giggled.

"Then they are not boys,maybe sissy" Earnest muttered and her smile lightened. Okay. It was becoming more of an outing now.

"Why did you think I picked BLOOMY?" Daisy asked as she picked the second diaper to wash.

"Because most girls are here" Earnest joked,but it was actually a fact that had really shocked him. While he spends his weekends with music or the tennis court,most of the girls have their fun in an orphanage. There must be something fascinating about it that he was not seeing. Maybe babies. Maybe diapers. Maybe showing care and tenderness as Daisy had said.

"Is that all you'll say" She said as she squeezed the diaper and her face fell instantly. "I thought you'll say something nicer" She smiled while Earnest's smile tumbled away from his face.

A big disappointment sets in him. He should have been more sensible.

"Is there any emotional side to it?" He asked in an improved serious tone,pointing at the manner at which her face went down at first.

"No,not really" She brightened her smile and went for the third diaper,"You've never asked why my Dad hates black so much, have you?"She said with her face dutifully on the diaper.

Earnest grunted a no and shook his head."Anything about that?"

Daisy looked up and chuckled,"You want me to say it?"

"Of course" He nodded.

"Not now"

Earnest took a minute hesitation and he wanted to ask why, but "So when?",was what came out of him seconds later.

" You said we are going somewhere else after this"She said,not looking up again.

"Okay" Earnest mumbled. He had not actually meant it about going somewhere else,he had just said that out of frustration and irritation. But well,if that would make her more comfortable and willing to talk,then..

"I'm done" She whooped and disturbed his thoughts. She carried the diapers and started to walk out.

"Are we leaving anytime soon?" Earnest called after her but she didn't give a response. She was gone.

So,read and enjoy. Don't forget to comment,vote and follow. You can also add up to your reading list. Thank ya