Chapter Twenty Eight

When Earnest got back to Susane's room,she was unusually asleep at few minutes to nine and the letters awaiting him were now three.

His head burned at the sight and he picked them up before falling on the bed. He had better read them before a fourth would be added the next day.

He took the first one which had Timothy as the sender and flipped the envelope open. He propped himself up with an elbow and squinted through the scribbled words.

'Hi Earnest,I'm sorry I haven't shown up ever since. Liana has been stopping me and threatening....'. He hissed and dropped the letter. He had seen Timothy and it had been discussed.

Timothy would not just have stopped coming to check on him if there were no good reasons for it. He believed that and went for the second envelope. The name on it kicked a little interest in him, it was from Daisy.

'How's everything. Sorry I couldn't visit you since. I'm sorry I could not justify my conscience and be bold enough to talk to you in person. It's all my doings, Earnest. My Dad,Mr Maxwell and Michel pushed me to do it. I never knew it would hurt so much,I never knew I was engaging in a racist act.

It was Mr Max that called me to his office that day and told me he never wanted a black boy to lead the school for the CAAS. I never knew he was such a racist. I never knew he was such a woeful companion to my Dad.

They planned everything and I played along. Mr Max,Ms. Dake and Michel. Michel told me to force you to an outing that fateful Saturday to get you into an arranged trouble with Ms. Dake and the school.

Michel wanted the lead singer role and I was foolish to let him use me. My Dad wanted me to lead the CAAS too and he paid Mr Max.

I was just knowing it hurts so much. Find a place in your sad heart to forgive me. I never wanted to report the fight with Morenike to Mr Max but I told Michel and he forced me to. I was just too stupid and passive.

Forgive me Earnest, I know I'm being cruel. I know I'm the demon that should be avoided but please Earn. Please save my soul from dying by forgiving me'

Earnest's hands trembled and the letter dropped. Hot sweats were soon swelling on his follicles in contrast to the cold night air.

It was really all a set up. A masterclass set up that overshadowed his initial plan with Timothy. It was all acts of racism and jealousy that had drawn him into the long trouble.

Not only his head burned presently,his heart blazed too as he sprawled on the bed,recovering for an aeon.

His hand went to the third envelope and slowly picked out the letter.

It was sent from Adio. How?

'Earnest! Earnest!. Please help us out.'It started nervously without any greeting, ' 'Please come to our rescue. We are dying,the white man is killing us and we cannot confront him. Koto is dead. Kurunmi is dead too. Many people are getting lost and dying from a strange disease. Please come Earnest,you are our last and only hope. Please come quickly. Please,we are dying everyday '. The letter ended with equal level of alarm.

Earnest's heart dropped heavily. Koto is dead?. The whole of Oge' is in big trouble and turmoil?.

He gave a gasp and the intensity of his pain,sweat and regret soared.

************************************

There is only a way you won't love this exciting story and that's if you don't read it. If you do,trust me,you're gonna like it.

So readers,let's do a little thing again. Please make sure you comment on this.

OK.
1>Which friend do you ever think can act as Timothy to you. Which one of your friend do you think can be so supportive,yet annoying and funny as Timothy to you.

2>Which part do you love most in the story so far and why?

3>In all honesty, what rating can you give the story so far over 100.

4>A lot of people said their best character was Earnest. But why?. Why not Timothy?. I think Timothy is the funniest and yet annoying character in the story so far.

I'm waiting for your comments on this if you really,really love reading SMILES OF THE WINTER SUN.

LOVE Y'ALL. STILL KEEP TUNED IN FOR MORE AMAZING THINGS.