Chapter Four

"Well,I always doubt myself too" Timothy shrugged and then relocated to the vacant chair to have a reach at one of the teacups, "So,what's up with her?" He asked under the breath of a sip.

"Who?"

"Daisy"

"What's it about her?"

"Is it a secret?"

"What's a secret?"

"What you guys discussed"

"We didn't discuss anything"A sassy brow rose above Earnest's eyes but Timothy rather gave a scoff.

" You asked her out?"Timothy's lips curled in suspicion.

"Without we saying anything?"

"I'll agree you are hiding something" Timothy smiled and gave a frustrating wink. He had drawn his conclusion and Earnest should know what it was with that tactful gesture.

"We talked a little" Earnest decided to own up. Timothy's conclusion would be too harsh to tolerate.

"About ---" Timothy drawled expectantly.

"You should be asking about my trip to Nigeria" They have not talked about that since his return and Earnest wanted to talk about it. Earnest wanted to talk about the party and tours he enjoyed back in his homeland.

"That never helped you in any way"

"And how does this help me too" And as a matter of fact,the trip helped him. He went for parties without Gideon's company and he was not being questioned as underaged. He met with his old friends and went on countless tours.

Timothy jerked at his words,"It helps boy"He sang and then waited for the questioning look on Earnest to settle before proceeding, "See man,girls get easily distracted with their feelings and this girl definitely likes you" He continued, his voice going ever lower with each word.

"So?" How does that help. Earnest had no idea.

"Distract her,man. Pretend you love her back and get her mind away from where it should be,then the throne is yours for the taking" Timothy lectured,demonstrating his words with opened arms and a voice that took a whoosh.

Right there, Earnest got it well. The strategy. Judging by what Timothy said and that blush he saw on Daisy's face earlier,they were inclusive but will Earnest ever be a good actor. Acting a play boy will even not do his studies a good favour either.

"I'm not good at acting" Earnest sobered before his eyes bulged with a sudden idea. He learnt slightly forward, "Why not do it for me either"

Timothy's head shook,"That will not work"He was already a well known dullard in the college, going into such adventure would definitely make matter worse. And moreover Daisy does not like him as she does to Earnest.

"She'll teach you a little maths" Earnest teased.

"I'll never be a good student"

Earnest sank in his chair,"Who named you Timothy?"

It took a minute before his meaning hit. And the instant second it did,Timothy's face lit with a glow.

"You think I should be named Paul"

"No,Gehazi"

"No correlation"

Earnest chuckled.

"Timothy in the new testament, Gehazi in the old"

"The only thing you know in the bible?"

"I won the bible quiz the last time"

Earnest paused,"Feel sorry for your church"He said just as Kemi Williams reappeared with a teacup,sausage and jam.