Chapter Twenty

Lost in a dark mix of clouds,
Looking for a silver lining,
Wailing in there like a child,
Then it comes in shining,
An helper of least expecting.

"Come off that,is that why you are here" Earnest said as he flung the door open and fell on Susane's tiny bed.

Timothy made a show of horror as he glanced over the wet shirt hanging on the door,the bucket and the poky nature of the room before he settled on a shelf.

"But that's what I met here" Timothy smiled after he was done with the scrutiny. He was still in the blue colours of St. Avirns,with a pack of whatever held tightly in one of his palms.

"It's not time for jokes" Truly,Timothy should know that or had to be reminded.

It was not a moment of jokes in his life. It was not a moment that he wanted to smile or get happy. It was a moment of fall and crumbling,a moment of sobbing but he would not do all that.

He would be a strong man. He would be remorseful but no tears,the moment of tears had ended in that bar when he had fed himself to the brim.

But still,the moment of smiles was not yet welcomed. Hope Timothy understood,but the truth is,you could hardly stay with Timothy and not smile. His tease, his jokes,his stupid and funny smiles,then you have yourself chuckling.

"Still,that poor girl shouldn't be your home game" Timothy said and Earnest grunted.

Only if Timothy knew Susane was years older than him,only if he knew how much tense feeling he harbours at the moment,only if he knew how much saviour Susane had been to him ever since.

He tilted his head to have a look at the clock.

"You ran out of school?" It was few minutes past one and certainly should be lesson hour.

"Anything for you" Timothy raised a thumb.

"You shouldn't have" Earnest could not imagine him getting into a trouble as well. He and Susane are the only two people in the world at the moment that he could rely on.

"That I spoilt your moment" Timothy giggled,still referring back to the scene at the kitchen.

"That you could have come after school hours" Earnest neglected the gesture. He was just not ready to play a joke. Not prepared for a smile. Strict.

"You haven't heard about it?" Timothy's eyes rolled as he asked.

"What?"

"Your mum gave a call to Liana"

Liana. Timothy's foster mother. He was used to calling the woman by her middle name.

"For?"Earnest's eyes bulged. Kemi hardly give a call to the woman,not that there was a cold relationship or so,but she would prefer sending any greeting or message through Timothy.

" She said she doesn't want to see me around you for the mean time" That was what Liana had told him and warned him to abide with but it was one almost impossible thing on earth for him to do. How would he ever avoid Earnest?, even if he would,it would never be in such a harsh period that Earnest needed his big support.

"Really?" A third straight question from Earnest. He could not imagine how much hatred had developed between him and Kemi that she had decided to shut him from everyone. Even Timothy. He had initially thought the hatred would end in few days but right now....

"She thought I'm a bad influence or something" Timothy shrugged and chuckled.

"Aggh" Earnest snorted.

"But it isn't possible,you know that. It's not possible to leave you at this moment" Timothy assured,smiled and nodded as their eyes met. An act that gave Earnest a little glow eventually. "You don't want to know how I have escaped here?"