Chapter Thirty Eight

"Daisy". His voice called quietly as the door creaked open to reveal their beautiful daughter. The night was with a little breeze that caused her tresses to lift and fall like an angel's.

She did not make a move or sound at the call of her name. She just stood still,looking sad and weary.

" What happened, Daisy? ". Roberts Milkoff's voice came up again and it was then that she started to rant with words.

" I'm not doing again,"She screamed into the room,"I'm not doing the stupid CAAS again. I regretted I accepted it in the first place. I regretted being so wicked to do such a hurtful thing to Earnest. The poor boy suffered a lot because of what you guys pushed me to do. I hate myself for acting along. I hate you Dad. I hate everyone that ever play a role in the cruel plan". She fired and the lips of Pastor Douglas was seen to drop at the sound of her harsh words.

While Roberts could not say a word back. He just stared gloomily before his head dropped in a blend of shame and regret.

"What's that?". The clergyman asked after he saw the man's expression.

" I made a wrong move, Pastor"Roberts confessed with his head still down,"I hurt someone else because of my pains. I got involved in a racist act and wicked plan"He continued dolefully before firing a stare up at Mbaina who was now sat on the same settee with him,"And she caused it. "He accused loudly," She turned me to that. She made me hate all the black people and I hurt that poor black boy". He screamed on and his head fell afterwards with sobs and regrets.

"That's already settled, Mr Roberts. Don't let us go over that again. And may I know the person you hurt so much?". The clergyman's voice flowed softly.

" He's my friend. We hurt him a lot---"Daisy fired in before cornering a gaze at the quiet Mbaina "And who's she?" She demanded in clear suspicion.

"Your Mum. Mbaina" Roberts allowed a lapse before replying her in the most solemn tone.

"What!Whose Mum?. Tell me who she really is!" She raged again and Pastor Douglas decided to draw her closer to himself. She was a little teen girl and would really be shocked and stressed by all what was happening this night.

"I'm your Mum,Daisy. I'm Mbaina,your mother," Mbaina began to talk when she saw that she had relaxed in the arms of the clergyman, "I'm sorry I left you and your Dad for years but I still love you. I still love you guys". She pleaded with teary eyes.

" Love who?. I hate you. I hate two of you and I hate you more. You turned him to a racist and you made us hurt a poor,innocent boy. I'll forever hate you". Daisy still blasted despite being in the arms of the Pastor. And the man could not stop her at the moment. She was really grieved and shaking. And she had to fully express herself before everything could actually be totally resolved.

"Forgive me,Daisy" Mbaina pleaded again with motherly tears. She could not disagree with any of the blames. It was all her faults and she would bare it all. All she wanted now was just to see her daughter and husband every minute and day.

"I won't. Never"

"Forgive your Mum,Daisy. She was really sorry for it all and I've forgiven her too". Roberts decided to come in.

" She's not my Mum!. You can take her back for all I care but I won't. I don't need a mother again. I don't need anyone of you"She screamed in utmost anger and then dotted her tears on the clergyman's suit.

The man then fondled her tresses and started to whisper into her ears,"You need them, Daisy. They are still your parents. They are coming back together all because of you. They want to take care of you like a mother and father again. Mbaina is really sorry,she wants to be a good mother and wife again. I know it hurts but do forgive them"

Daisy's tears doubled at the death of the man's mollifying words. She wanted it also. She wanted her mother and family back but they had hurt her a lot. Their sour relationship had forced her to spend her childhood years at an orphanage. And bad enough,it had also made her hurt someone so dear to her.

She brought up her wet face from the suit,crying signally at the sad mother,and then Mbaina knew she had to make a move. She had to move closer and assure her she was here and here forever.

She crept nearer and knelt before the clergyman while her daughter fell unto her chest,sobbing childishly and holding her ever tightly. Mbaina held her firmly back and the love and passion of mother and child transpired between them.

"Why Mum. Why did you leave us?. I didn't even get to know my mother ever since" She wept on her shoulders while the woman patted and rubbed her back with a soft,maternal touch.

"I'm sorry. Really sorry". Was all the woman could say back.

" I'm sorry too. I'm sorry I shouted on you. I'm just too.."

"No. Daisy" The woman interrupted softly,"Scream on me and still slap me and I'll still gently take it all. Never blame yourself or your Dad. Put all the blames on me,I caused everything. But I'm here now. I'm here to put all the wrongs right. I'm here to give back all you've been denied from a mother. I'm here to make you happy forever,my baby"

"Thank you, Mum" Daisy said as her hold tightened more on her neck and their tears increased.

"Don't thank me. I'll rather thank you for accepting me back despite my deeds. Thank you,my baby"

"I love you,Mum"

"I love you too my darling. More than anything". The woman assured and Daisy looked over her shoulders at their man.

" I love you too Dad."She called at him with a teary beam.

The man did not reply. He just smiled. A smile that showed his love for her could not be put into words. They both shared a quiet,beautiful stare before something pierced in

"Thank you Pastor. I'll forever be grateful to you". Mbaina said to the clergyman.

" Thank the Lord,"The man rather replied, "Our Lord Jesus Christ is the author of all marriages. The perfect definition of love who gave his life for the church"