𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢 𝚎𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝

Couple of soft fillers ahead to chip the ice before everything sort of 'slots into place'? Again, I'm so sorry I've been taking so long...

─────── • ❥ • ───────

"You seem to have given up writing lately," Chenle hummed as he stood by his cousin's window, as always, to feast his eyes upon the older's godly neighbour and now established boyfriend. Did Renjun even care at this stage? No, not really.

"I used to write to convey my feelings," the shorter sighed, stretching out across his bed as the darkness of the night flooded into his room. "But now....Now I'm dating the guy of my dreams, and a boy I had desired long before. I should be here counting my lucky stars....but something feels off right now."

Chenle hummed in response, smirking when Jaemin wandered around his room shirtless - the house over - with his phone in his hand and chewing gum occupying his mouth. He looked great, which was never unusual. "What's feeling off, hm? Jaemin's wanted you for as long as I can remember."

"It's not Jaem. I'm actually falling for him more and more everyday, I think I might combust soon...."

"Then....?"

"It's Jen. You know I've liked him for ages, right? And that I've literally always been too much of a romantic coward to address my problems, leaving them to fester?"

"To put it bluntly, yes. You are like that. So?"

Renjun grimaced at the thought, "I want him to love me back the same. I was mad at him before for essentially sleeping with Jaemin on baseless terms, but I'm okay with it now. They love each other, and Jaemin loves me as much as I love them...but I can't help but feel that Jeno is withholding his emotions. It's obvious that polyamory isn't for everyone....but I really, really want this to work."

"Then ask. What is the issue here?"

"I'm too nervous, damn it! Look, I haven't the slightest notion where you get all your energy and confidence from, but if you can share, please do!"

The ravenette rolled his eyes before returning his gaze to the blue haired boy across the way. "Jun, I just know what I like, and I take it. Life is too short for the bullshit you put up with, and I'm sure Jeno is just waiting for you to act. After all," he glanced back at him, "He's a man. At the end of the day, when all water evaporates, you are left with a teen male. He's not that complicated."

'Complicated' can be a very twisted and gnarled word itself, though. So many roots to choose from. "You say that, but you haven't a clue. Lee Jeno is a huge mystery."

"Oh? How so?"

The older bit his lower lip at the assumption he'd made in recent times. Questions like 'is it wise to share this?' or 'am I betraying him?' all flitted about in his mind. He ended up deciding to trust his cousin nonetheless, pushing his hand slowly up his shirt to rest against his hot skin underneath. "Have you ever heard of obsessive compulsive disorder?"