𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢 𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚎 [𝚖𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚛𝚎]

Buckle up! It's one hella long chapter ahead!

─────── • ❥ • ───────

Renjun had skipped school. As soon as his mother ran into his room that morning when he was becoming horrendously late, she found her son in a horrible state of dried tears, matted hair, red eyes, and pale skin. He had been bundled up in his sheets like a chrysalis, and the woman just didn't have the heart to force anything out of him.

A simple 'want to stay home, Baby?' was asked, and without so much as a word, she knew he needed the day off. Suddenly, Jaemin rushing out the night before made much more sense.

So, Huang Renjun had stayed cooped up in his room all day. He had no motivation nor energy to eat or drink. Hell, he couldn't even fall asleep. He just lay there in his own sweat and tears, thinking about how hurt Jaemin must've felt. He knew his reaction was completely wrong, and his best friend never deserved that.

He was just terrified.

As far as he was concerned, nobody had ever liked him before (well, apart from that one guy who tried it on with him in middle school). He was beneath everyone, and suddenly a confession from not only someone beautiful on the inside and out, but his best friend as well, had shaken him.

I'm a terrible person, he continued to chant within his own mind like a mantra. He couldn't see himself any other way, and being alone seemed more than fair now.

At around five in the evening, his bedroom door crashed open and slammed against the wall before shutting again. Renjun flinched at the sudden sound, reclining further into his duvet and almost breaking out into more sobs again.

"Oh.....So it's true," the familiar voice of his cousin resonated through the darkened room. The lights were flicked on, yet they didn't affect the heartbroken boy as his head was still hidden by the blanket.

"God, your mother called me all the way back over here to tell me you were a mess. I didn't think she meant literally," the younger hummed, trying not to be soft on him. Of all the things Renjun couldn't tolerate in this world, pity was pretty high up on the list. "It's a school night, y'know? I have to go home soon 'cause it takes ages."

Still no response.

"Fine, fuck this. If you won't talk, then I'll do it all for you." Chenle bounced onto the bed harshly, straddling his relative's waist and ripping the sheets away to find the shell of a usually boisterous boy. He sighed, noting that Renjun's eyes were partially open, even with all the nasty raw tear marks and slight swelling. "Question time, Hoe. Did Jaemin actually confess to you?"

The older's eyes snapped open wider, and suddenly his sorry attitude lessened as he glared up at the other with a painful heart. "H-How did you-"

"This hot guy was the one who encouraged him, and he came over trying to stop him. I didn't let him."