𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢 𝚜𝚒𝚡

─────── • ❥ • ───────

Jaemin burst in through his front door excitedly, a little late from school since his teacher had spoken with him for fifteen minutes about his amazing improvement.

As he sprinted into the kitchen, he found his mother sitting at the table and reading a magazine, glasses perched on the bridge of her nose. She glanced up to meet the eyes of her hyper son, the boy smiling at her like a lunatic.

"Jaem?" She frowned, tilting her head and finding herself unable to do anything else but smile with him. After all, his laughter was infectious.

"I did it! I passed my history test with an A!"

Her expression changed from confused, to a little shocked, then to disbelief....just to loop back to excitement and pride. "Oh my god, Baby, that's amazing!" She cooed, scrambling up from her place at the table to pull the taller in for a warm hug. "Well done. I knew you had it in you."

"Thanks," he sighed happily, squeezing her back briefly before jumping up and down on the balls of his feet. "When's Jisung here? I have to tell him!"

"Well," she chuckled, "I'm glad to hear you two are getting along better these days. Less yelling."

"Yeah, well....." Jaemin grinned, "He's not that bad."

"Well, go tell him that. He's upstairs."

The blue haired boy gasped, giving the woman a quick 'you could've told me sooner' look before racing out and running up the staircase. His footsteps were heavy as he skipped a step each leap.

Then, reaching his bedroom door, he slammed the whole thing open and sung in opera; "I have arrived!"

Jisung looked up at Jaemin from his place at the boy's desk, sorting papers out and giggling happily at the other's light mood. "I'm assuming you got your results back?"

"After three days of waiting for that old man to correct them, yes. I have gotten it back."

"Then...." the blonde pursed his lips, "Did you score a ninety?"

"Better," Jaemin winked, brandishing his test paper in front of the younger and winking. "Ninety two."

"No way," the taller clapped excitedly, "I wasn't so sure you'd beat ninety, but this is amazing."

"I know, right? So it turns out I'm smart after all."

"You were never dumb, Nana. Just lazy."

As Jaemin placed the sheet down on the desk for Jisung to read over, he slung his bag down on the ground. Thoughts of how Renjun had barely spoken to him in three days flushed across his mind, though he pushed them aside and remembered to focus on what was good for him.

Renjun would understand eventually that copying homework from him wasn't going to help him get into college.

"So..." Jisung murmured, flicking to the last page of red ticks littering the black text, "This means you're going to hit me, doesn't it?"

The older's eyes widened, having forgotten completely about their deal, or why he had agreed to this in the first place. He narrowed his eyes at his tutor, the look of worry twinkling in his eyes acting as a 'don't do it' sign.

"Close your eyes," the shorter insisted, standing in front of him and rolling out his wrist, "Ready?"

Jisung flinched, cute face all scrunched up in fear as a soft finger came down to boop his nose. Both boys released breaths, one from holding back laughter and the other from relief.

"Why?" The taller asked. "I was willing to-"

"Ji, I'm not about to hit you. I'm not like that. I may have hated you a month ago, but spending everyday with a guy sort of opens up ones eyes a bit."

"True. Thanks."

"Don't thank me. Actually, I should be thanking you," Jaemin flipped the whole conversation around, "For helping me this far."

"It's no trouble. You're a smart kid when you put your mind to it. Don't let other people or yourself let you down."

The older thought for a moment, clicking his tongue restlessly as he shuffled over to his window. He peered through the curtains a little, spotting Renjun at his own desk across the way. The teen seemed to be busy writing, and he smiled at the pretty sight.

"You should ask him out," Jisung spoke softly behind him. "If he means that much to you....ask him out."

"I can't," Jaemin sighed airily as he turned around to face the other. "He clearly doesn't see me the way I see him."

"Does he like someone else?"

"I.....I don't know. We don't talk about that stuff."

"Then perhaps it's time you should," the blonde smiled in a matter-of-fact way. "Nobody can get anywhere without communication. Yours is crap."

"I'm working on it!"

"Work harder!"

Jaemin scoffed, falling back onto his bed and yawning deeply. "He's mad at me as well, right now.....I've upset him."

Jisung dropped the pen he had been holding onto the sheet and ignored working for today. After a stellar score and plenty of hard work, he felt the older needed a break. He also saw that Jaemin needed some advice and perhaps a bit of a push.

He could do that.

"What did you say to him?"

"He thinks something's up with me. I've been pulling my curtains closed, declining days out with him, standing him up, and in general sort of ignoring his calls...."

"For study?"

"Mmm. I'm doing what you've said, but it's strengthening one aspect of my life, and weakening another. I don't want to lose him, Ji."

The younger sat back and chewed on his thumbnail. He wasn't very good with love himself, but it couldn't have been that hard, right?

"Try breaking the ice and talking about relationships with him. It's important to have a ground to stand on when the time comes to confess. Don't let it be out of the blue."

"Really?"

"Really. He needs to be somewhat aware that you feel the way you feel."

Jaemin sat up and sported the cutest little smile. "Then I should just go over and let him know how I feel?"

"Gently-"

"Thanks Jisung! You're a legend!" The older chirped happily, sliding off his bed and moving to exit his room.

"J-Jaemin, maybe not right now-"

But it was too late.

The door clicked shut behind the blue haired teen, leaving Jisung to sit there alone and ponder on how the conversation had escalated so quickly from friendly advice to a full blown confession declaration.

I fucked up, didn't I? He thought, once again chewing on his nail. This is bad! What if Renjun doesn't feel that way about him? What if I've misread this situation?

What if this all goes wrong?

─────── • ❥ • ───────

(Double update, because I love you~)

Hey guys,
So our little love doctor may be a bit uninformed on how romance works. But this is where the climax starts and the story spins. Buckle up!
-lily