𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚛

─────── • ❥ • ───────

Jeno stopped in his tracks, lifting his gaze from the bathroom floor, to the pink haired boy standing by the sinks. His eyes were hidden by his locks, though a certain darkness could be taken from this picture.

"He's so difficult...." was all Jaemin murmured, though seemingly to himself. His eyes were downcast towards the basin in front of his hands, his arms leaning against the bench.

A good person would step in right about now, wouldn't they? The ravenette pondered quickly, realising that even if he did help this once, it meant nothing in the long run. It was best that he kept his distance.

Jaemin turned from the mirror and glanced over at the other, slight surprise evident on his face upon realising who it was. "J-Jeno?"

"Mmm," the older hummed worriedly, shooting his sights straight down do the floor, though noticing an unruly crack along a tile and starting to panic. Shit, where do I look?

"You weren't.....You were here this entire time, weren't you? You're so quiet," the younger questioned, clueless as to the boy's apparent crisis.

If I look at that goddamn floor, I'll cry, but Jaemin's uniform is all ruffled, and my sleeves have a loose thread, and one of those doors has a loose hinge, I remember it, so if I-

"Dude, I know talking isn't your thing, and all......but it would be really nice for you to comfort someone in need. There's no way you're as closed off as people make you out to be," the tall teen eventually sighed, moving to walk towards the door.

"I hope everything is fine," Jeno whispered, almost inaudible, even. His voice was so beautiful, though perhaps because of it's rarity.

The younger paused in front of him, looking at his head of black hair since the older was looking down. "Aaaw, Jeno you're so cute. I wish you'd be like this more often."

The ravenette thought for sure he'd made a mistake, and that Na Jaemin would get more pushy and persistent.....but he didn't. The pinkette merely crouched down, looked up at his face with a soft smile, winked charmingly, and stood up to leave again.

It was all so quiet yet sudden. Hell, Jeno hadn't even realised he was alone until the door squeaked shut and snapped him from his daze. Ugh, what was that? I suppose it's nice that his face is so angular and symmetrical though....It's a nice face....

"Okay, so I know I'm annoying," Renjun attempted to apologise as his best friend finally emerged from the dingy bathrooms. "But I figured that my concern for you wellbeing is-"

"It's okay."

The older frowned, blinking once for thought before uttering a quick, "What?"

"I'm not mad or anything, Junnie. And I promise you that I'm looking after myself," Jaemin spoke more confidently. The image of Jeno placing himself out of his own comfort zone motivated him to try harder. "Let's just head home, okay?"

The Chinese watched the other in wonder as he led the way towards the front doors. His small bag was slung over his shoulder, weighing him down. Yet whenever Jaemin asked to carry the damn thing, Renjun would refuse and say 'it's good for my muscles'.

Jaemin's eyes travelled back to the bathroom door once more, wondering if Jeno had snuck off yet or was still dwelling within. Thanks, the pinkette wanted to say. Thanks for talking to me.

Then, he bounded after the short teen and tried his best to race him home. The brunette, of course, was unwilling to even run.

"Honestly, Jaem," Renjun sighed airily as he tugged at his bag straps, "You're too childish. Everything is a game for you."

Oh yes, because pining over a friend who will never want me back and pretending to be fine with it everyday, is absolute bliss, the taller thought quite snidely, though with one look at his friend, the bitterness always melted away.

"Are you going to sleep over tonight?" Renjun tried, not looking at the boy as his feet moved him towards their homes. "I don't mind the company."

"Fine. You said your mother wanted some help with the shopping anyway, so I was going to come all the same."

White clouds rolled overhead, shadowing the pathways covered in leaves as they crunched underfoot. Comfortable silences were common between them, since a small lifetime together had formed an extremely thick bond.

The older, for all he acted strong to hide his insecurities and weaknesses, always wanted what was best for the people he loved. Jaemin wasn't weak, and he knew that.....yet the need to protect him was stronger than the need to let him live carefree. Renjun could see disaster after disaster when with him.....it brought out the protectiveness he didn't know he had.

His mind then wandered back to Jeno, wondering if Jaemin had even noticed that the ravenette had walked into the bathroom after him. Probably not. People usually left the boy alone since he didn't exactly make for 'pleasant' company.

"I love this weather," the younger teen spoke softly in front, drawing Renjun's attention towards him.

"Hm?"

"Cloudy and warm, but not raining. Not too bright, not too dark....it's lovely. Almost as perfect as a frosty day with sun shining down."

"You're so random," the brunette snickered. "What has you thinking about that?"

Jaemin shrugged, still not looking back at him. "If I went on a date, I'd choose a day like this, or a snowy day. Beaches are overrated."

You say that like you have someone in mind, Renjun thought, though knew well that his best friend had no interest in kids their age yet. He was a late to bloomer or something. "Sounds romantic."

"I'm glad you agree."

─────── • ❥ • ───────