Heaven~ Steve Rogers Imagine

I got the idea for this story whilst I was listening to the song November Rain by Guns N' Roses. It is such a sweet and gentle song so I decided to feature it in the story.

   "You ready?" Sam asked through the gap in your door.

"Yeah." You replied, holding back tears. You knew what today was. Steve's funeral. A lot of the people at the church service would not know who you were, since he was forbidden to ever talk about you. Your parents had died when you were still little, leaving you to go to the most trustworthy friend of your dad's, Steve Rogers. He had told you that once over dinner. You were around five when they died, and now you were fourteen. Why were you always unlucky when it came to families? It is a fact of life though. You sighed as you approached the door and slowly opened it. Sam was wearing a black suit with black trousers, a black bow tie and a white shirt. You, on the other hand, were dressed more casually in a long-sleeved black shirt and thin black leggings.

"It's alright." He said comfortingly.

"Mr Wilson, who's going to look after me from now on?" You asked.

"We'll find someone. I promise." He replied. "I mean... there's always space at my house."

"Yes. Thank you, Mr Wilson." You said hugging him.

"Please, call me Sam." He protested. "Is this your first funeral?" He said changing the subject.

"Yes. When my parents died, I was left alone with no family. Not even an Aunt or an Uncle." You sighed deeply.

"We've got to get going." Strange said, walking past without taking second glances.

"We'll be there in a couple of minutes Doctor Strange." You called after him. He was able to pick up the fact that your voice was trembling and came back towards you.

"Hey Sweet." He said pulling you into a gentle hug. "We all loose people. It is alright. Just remember that we are always here for you no matter what. Okay." You nodded looking down when he released you from the hug. "Come on. Let us get in the car. I do not wish to use my powers today." He said, motioning you towards the door.

"We are here today to remember a very brave man who fought for our country, even when we didn't know." The vicar said. As November Rain by Guns N' Roses finished playing on the organ. "And here is  Sargent James Buchannan Barnes to say a few words about this heroic man." Bucky walked up onto the chancel.

"Steve Rogers was a very kind and considerate man. He did what needed to be done and more." He started. "And I know it's going to sound crazy when I say I met Steve back when we were kids in the 1920s. I first met him when he was being bullied by three older, stronger boys who were trying to take his money (which he didn't have much of at the time) and I helped him to his feet and gave him some of mine." He sniffed a bit before continuing with his speech. "Steven Grant Rogers as Captain America pulled me out from the grasp of Hydra when they had taken control of my mind for over seventy years. Steve stopped me from killing innocent people when he knew that it could easily kill him. With the help of Same Wilson- who is somewhere in this crowd today- and Natalia Romanoff- ho unfortunately died sacrificing her life for ours- they were able to bring me back to my normal self and explain to people that I meant to harm."

Once the service had ended, you stood in front of his grave, and prayed to what would hopefully he his angel. "Steve, you have done so much for me throughout my lifetime and I wish that I were able to show you how much you mean to me. I am sorry I was not there for you when you needed me most. You went back in time after doing everything that was necessary for the world to be a safer place for all living creatures and lived your life. Just like Peggy told you to. I guess that we all must move on in the end. We finally find where we belong, and then we leave. I hope that you are happy in the afterlife. Do not worry about me, I will be fine. Sam is letting me live with him from now on. He says that he will even home-school me if necessary. No need to say hello to my parents or anything. Just do what you like best and rest." You laid down a few roses in front of the stone and walked back to where the rest of the team were waiting. You took Sam's hand in yours and decided to walk the rest of the way home instead of drive. Steve would have liked that.

Life has never been the same without Steve, but he is in a safer place now. One where nobody can hurt or insult him. One where he can finally retire from his job and have the rest he deserves. Heaven.