Believer~ Avengers imagine (Part 2)

Your eyes fluttered open. You felt more alive than ever. "Why- I mean, how am I still alive?" You stuttered and Tony turned around.

"That." He said pointing to your chest. You looked down to see nothing but a bright light.

"What is it?" You asked.

"Why. Don't you recognise it?" He too pointed to his chest. That was what it was. You gave up and dropped your head back onto the pillow. He had filled the hole in your heart with a similar piece of machinery to what was keeping him alive.

Dinner that night was very awkward. Everybody was asking you if you felt alright. Then you spotted Loki, your love, standing in the doorway. He looked at you shocked at what he saw. "Wil you excuse me for a moment." You said politely. The others each gave you looks that blatantly showed that they didn't mind how long you took.

"You're alive!" Loki whispered.

"Well what did you expect?" You teased.

"What are you doing here?" He asked.

"Seriously. I'm an Avenger Loki. I can't just give up on my life-" but before you could say another word, he grabbed the collar of your shirt and started kissing you. You retaliated. You had missed this man dearly, and you didn't even know how long you had been unconscious for. When he finally pulled away, he put his hand onto your chest, feeling the change in texture.

"What's this?" He asked, slightly confused.

"Oh... Umm... Stark made this for me. It's kind of the thing that's been keeping me alive. To be honest, I didn't really want to live with a huge chunk of metal in my chest for the rest of my life. It just happened." You explained. You two walked back into the dining room together. You entered the kitchen next door, grabbed a pair of scissors from the drawer and cut a hole in your t-shirt where the contraption was. "Hey, Tony. What happens if I take this out?" You asked curiously. He looked intrigued, but then concerned.

"DON'T TAKE THAT OUT WHATEVER YOU DO! THAT WILL KILL YOU ALMOST INSTANTLY!" He boomed.

"Alright!" You said slightly bewildered by this response.