Ungrateful People~ Avengers Imagine

"Decisions, decisions, decisions." You murmured to yourself whilst you walked down the breakfast aisle. You were on the third big shop of the month for the Avengers. Wow they got through their food quickly! In their defence, there was a whole team of them, and they needed all the nutrition that they could get. You picked up two boxes of cornflakes and a pack of chocolate Weetabix. You strolled down the aisle a bit more, before coming to a stop at the pop tarts. "Thor loves pop tarts, and if anybody doesn't want any of the cereal, Thor will have to learn to share." You sighed.

   You were walking back home with full bags of shopping in your arms, when a voice came from behind you. "Oy you! Yeah freak! Thought we wouldn't recognise you didn't you?" A man yelled. You turned around to see a masked terrorist pointing a gun in your face.

"Sir. Please. I don't want to cause any trouble. Why don't we settle this by you putting that gun down and us both walking away without a fuss?" You suggested calmly, putting your hands up in defence. He pulled the trigger, but you made the bullet stop in front of your face. You used your magic to push it to the side, and started walking towards him. "I didn't want to have to do this today, but you made me." Green magic snaked its way around his body, paralysing him until the police could arrive at the scene. You explained what happened and then continued walking home.

   "People should be grateful that they have people here to protect them. Not try to kill them." You said sadly.

"It's okay. They don't know what it's like to have a role like we do." Natasha comforted you. "Besides, there are much more people who appreciate the things that we do." She smiled and you smiled back.

"Thanks." You said, heading down to the gym.