Chapter 30-

Chapter 30-

Recap-

My will left my body as my eyes closed on their own accord and I welcomed the darkness like an old friend.

"Sleep tight, little sister. May we meet again."

———

I was falling. For a long time. I didn't understand why. Or how even. 

It was a prolonged darkness and I was falling deeper and deeper.

And then I stopped.
I tried to make sense of where I was. How I got here. But nothing. I couldn't remember anything.

Then out of nowhere, I heard this hum. Which was very weird because I couldn't see anything.
The sound gradually got louder and more clear.

The hum pulsated at intervals too fast for me to count, but I could hear it pulsating. Which made me believe that it could be some sort of fan. A ceiling fan. That must mean I'm in a room.

Slowly but surely, my senses came back to me one by one. Except my sight. I couldn't see anything.

There was another distant yet clear sound. A beep.

Beep. Beep. Beep.

Like that of a monitor, I think?

And then came the smell. The smell of the woods and fresh grass. It was very distant. But it was there, making me think that I was somewhere near the woods.

I felt something soft and velvety. Something underneath me. Like I was laying on it. A bed, perhaps.

And then I heard something that made my heart leap in happiness. Footsteps.

They were far away. But they came closer and closer. They were heavy yet soft.

The person then dragged something near me and plopped down on it heavily. A chair.

They sighed.

"I wish you would wake up."

His voice was familiar but I couldn't put my finger on it.

I tried to open my eyes. But they were so heavy and didn't budge.

I tried to move my hand, send him a signal. Tell him that I was right here, that I could hear him. But I couldn't.

I felt someone squeeze my palm softly. Their hand rough, strong and warm.

The warmth soon left me. And I heard him get up and leave.

I tried to scream. For him to stop. But in vain.

God, this is so frustrating. If only I could see.

~~~

A lot of people came in to visit me. All of them sad and depressed. It didn't exactly help my case.

They all sat down beside me and pleaded for me to wake up. And I'm just here thinking; same.

A lot of those voices were familiar. Some I hadn't heard in a long time. Some kind of new.

But they all came with the same purpose— to check up on me. And beg me to wake up.

Honestly, I've been doing the same.

I've been pushing my mind and my body to just move a little finger. So I could tell them I'm here. That I can hear them.

But just like all of them, I started giving up too.

~~~

It feels like ages since I've been in this position. But I can't exactly decipher the time. It's dark for me all day. And all night.