Chapter 15

-Chapter 15-

—Recap—

"So you're telling me," Josie said slowly trying to comprehend the new information, "You aren't their daughter?"

"No," I muttered in a small voice, "I'm not."

~~~~~~~

"How did this happen?"

"I don't know," I muttered running a hand through my hair.

"Well did you find out anything else?" Josie asked.

"Yes," I replied in a strained voice, "The person who left me there was my mother. She did it to protect me, apparently. When the witch found out who that woman was, she was terrified beyond belief. She refused to give us anymore information on her. All she said was that the woman is a very, very old witch. She's an ancient. And she's immortal. And if she was scared for my life so much that she had to send me away from her, then we have to worry. She told us to not research on her. Or things might get nasty."

"Immortal?" Josie asked, astounded. "But that's impossible. No one is immortal."

"I know." I nodded, "But apparently, she was. Or is. I don't know."

"So that's why you ran away," Sammy muttered, "So you could find out more about your blood and heritage."

"Yeah." I replied in a monotone voice, "And after a lot of research, I came here, to this town."

"Well look at the bright side," Josie said giving me a forced smile, "You are a witch too. Just like us."

"Yeah," I chuckled lowly, "But my powers haven't awoken yet apparently. They have been locked and restrained by my biological parents. They will only come back when the witch who cast the spell to restrict them casts the spell to unleash them."

"Ooh, I cant wait to know how powerful you might be." Sammy said clapping her hands in excitement.

"Let's go back?" Josie asked getting up and giving me and Sammy a hand.

Grabbing her hand, I pulled myself up and Sammy along with me.

"Let's go." I said, "I have amends to make with a few people."

~~~~~~~

I cleared my throat to get Braxton's attention as I stood behind him.

"What?" He asked in a bored tone as he turned to me, stopping his conversation with Darren, who merely rolled his eyes at my presence.

"Since when did you start getting so bored with me?" I asked in a small voice looking him in the eye.

"I-uh, I'm not." He said looking away.

"Are you sure?" I asked as I leaned to the side to get a better look at Darren, who was rubbing his neck uncomfortably.

"I feel like after everything that's happened, you don't want anything to do with anymore." I said looking away.

"No," Darren snapped, "Don't you ever think that. We're your brothers and you are our sister. And you'll always be our sister."

"You don't seem to act the part," I muttered under my breath but he seems to have heard me anyway.

Pulling me in his embrace, he tightened his arms around me, "I'm sorry Corinna. I never meant to hurt you. I was just mad and confused that you didn't turn to us when in need but instead ran away. I'm sorry I couldn't understand you."

"It's fine. But I hope you guys forgive me." I muttered against his shoulder.

"Well, this calls for a group hug." Braxton said and jumped on top of us making all three of us fall to the ground.