Chapter 12

-Chapter 12-

"What are you going to do now?"

"I don't know," I replied to Josie over the phone, running a hand down my face in frustration.

"I surprised they didn't lock you in your room," Josie said. I could imagine her practically raising her brows as she said that, "Tell me exactly what happened."

"Well, I was walking home from school," I started explaining to her the events that took place today afternoon, "I heard someone following me. I just disregarded it at first because a lot of people walk home using the same route as I did. But it was exceptionally quiet today. I disregarded that as well. And then, he spoke up. He said and I quote, 'Hello little sister. It has been far too long'. I mean seriously, he is so dramatic. Couldn't he have just, I don't know, come up to me and dragged me home with him? And then obviously, after hearing his voice I ran. I didn't even look back, I just ran straight home. Since I was in a hurry, I accidentally entered through the front door instead of the back. And then when mum saw me, first she ran up to me and hugged me. Of course, I was glad to see her and dad as well but not my brothers. Then Darren jumps in and at the same moment, Braxton enters. And I was going to run but mum held me back and said that it's enough. So I turned and faced them both. I don't know what they were going to do but then couldn't because Arabelle jumped in and prevented them from doing so. But they both complained about how they were letting me go so easily even though I had run away. So mum, after they said that, grounded me. For a month. But then Arabelle jumped in and reduced it to 2 weeks. And then mum said that she was not going to let me out of her sight as long as she's here." I sighed as I finished explaining to her the horrors that took place today.

"Well, didn't your brothers react in any other way?" Josie asked.

"Well, Darren didn't even want to look at me. He just went straight to his room. Not even a glance. And Braxton just smiled with a lot of pain and then he left too." I explained, sighing heavily.

"Girl, you know you had it coming. You expected this behavior from them."

"That doesn't mean I was prepared for it," I said letting out a shaky breath, "I'm going to go now. Mum's probably going to come and take my phone anytime now. And I'm tired as well. So I'll just sleep it all away."

"Okay, goodbye. And take care." Josie said and then I hung up.

Keeping my phone on the bedside table, I pulled the duvet over me and closed my eyes.

~~~~~~~

"Are you ready?"

"Yeah, almost. Just give me a minute." I replied to Mum, who was standing a few feet behind me inside the closet.

"I'm waiting." She said leaning against one of the racks.

I groaned, "Mum seriously, I'm not going anywhere. I'll come down. Just give me a minute."

"I know. But I haven't seen you in almost three years. Let me be." She said.

"Fine whatever," I muttered as I turned back to the mirror sighing. "You didn't even let me go to homecoming tonight."

"I'm sorry, but it's all part of your punishment. You know I can't let you off easily." Mum replied shrugging, "Besides, you still have prom."

"Yeah, whatever." I muttered before going back to checking myself in the mirror.

I looked over myself in the full length mirror and pulled my curled hair over my right shoulder.
I had on a grey off-shoulder crop top, a black skater skirt, a white shrug which had a few black designs on it and paired it with a pair of black converse.